Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone on here live near Claygate, Tonbridge, Kent ?

Mum & Dad looking at a property down there, and I may have to move with them.
Any info would be helpful: Know the nearest pub is The White Hart & thats about it.
Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    Claygate is between Yalding and Horsemonden - just a one street village really.

Or do you mean Claygate Lane in Shipbourne?
  • Options
    Been told its in Claygate, Marden, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12.
    Any help ?
  • Options
    If you like peace and quiet, then Claygate is for you! You'll need transport to get anywhere.

Some lovely pubs in the area and there's a good fishing lake if you're into that sort of thing, but that's about it.
  • Options

You'd have some interesting neighbours like Saad Al-Hilli, although he may not live there any more!

It's Tory land, rich thick and full of clots and celebs. The best allotment competition gets 'em going though. I would imagine that it may well be an area that would provide rather more employment for you. Good lake and country walking and room for the soul to breathe. Not all bad.
  • Options
    Wrong Claygate. Looks like the "thick and full of clots" comment is rather ironic.
  • Options
    Yalding is prone to flooding, might be worth checking.
  • Options
    Yeh - that's the place MoG. Seriously if you blink you miss it. Pub does some good food and music though.

Only certain parts of Yalding flood Baldy - lived there for four years and although had some grand fun in the landrover, the house was never even near flooding.
  • Options
    Thanks Addickted. Mum & Dad thinking of going down there, but, abit worried its "in the middle of nowhere". Want Me to go with them if they move.
  • Options
    No, I live in France mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are right it is in the middle of nowhere i live about 5 mins from there also in middle of nowhere but u are only 10 mins or so from maidstone ,paddock wood and tonbridge in winter the roads do get fooded n muddy and are bad in the ice so a 4x4 is usefull in these parts in winter.