Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Landsdowne Mews - New Planning Application

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
I noticed on the stroll down the hill another planning application notice for Lansdowne Mews.

It looks like permission is being sought for a single end of terrace house to be constructed against the existing end of terrace house, utilising what was the disabled car park area in the Mews and some of the back garden of the existing house.

Strange application, though I can't find anything about it on the Council Planning Portal - though interestingly enough the larger application mentioned on here earlier in the year, still hasn't been approved.

Comments

• Options
    What, the same larger aplication that signalled the death knell for the club and was going to mean people stopped supporting Charlton?

Funny that.
  • Options
    Well spotted Henry, I did see the heavy plant on the area last home game.
    I guess the Japanese Knot weed has been eliminated that was on the site.
    This seem's a less ambitious plan than what was proposed.
    I imagine that it illuminates the idea that the club would buy this land back for future development?. Still a ridiculous short sighted act in my opinion, but there we have it, or not as the case is.

• Options
    Tried 3 x times to buy the site for a local housing association. The owners are/were local builders/developers who turned out to be non-contactable by phone or email and clearly not interested in replying to repeated letters.

They would most likely have treated enquiries from the club in a similar fashion.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hopefully its a mass grave for the owner and his cronies.

*wouldnt wish death on normal human beings.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Roland's Josef Fritzel camp for managers.
  • Options
    What are the proposals for this site? Is it just being cleared?
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

more here
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/48169/planning-application-for-lansdowne-mews/p1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

hawksmoor said:

more here
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/48169/planning-application-for-lansdowne-mews/p1
    Enjoyed this comment from that thread.
    Stig said:

Has the Target 40k group discussed this? If so, what was said?

How the mighty have fallen.
  • Options
    CARD's new on site Headquarters.
  • Options

Tried 3 x times to buy the site for a local housing association. The owners are/were local builders/developers who turned out to be non-contactable by phone or email and clearly not interested in replying to repeated letters.

They would most likely have treated enquiries from the club in a similar fashion.

Could have been worse, they could have said they were interested and then kept cancelling meetings at the last minute.
    Had a few of those as well!
  • Options
    Thanks, Henry. I had a skim through. This is the entrance I use, so I'm interested. So, after revisisions to original applications, this land will still be for residential builds? It's not owned by the club?
  • Options

Could have been worse, they could have said they were interested and then kept cancelling meetings at the last minute.
    Had a few of those as well!
    So YOU are Peter Varney?
  • Options
    Strange to see Hugo on that thread - just seen he's not been on here for three years when he was such a prolific contributor.

Anyone any news on him?
  • Options

If I recall the application was for 17 flats and four semis.

Looking at the layout of those piles (assuming that's what they are), I would have thought it was going to be a much smaller development than originally thought.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Strange to see Hugo on that thread - just seen he's not been on here for three years when he was such a prolific contributor.

Anyone any news on him?

Last I heard he was out in Sweden. He kept his s/ticket renewed for a few seasons, know he came back for a home game a few seasons back ( v Carlisle I think) but I couldn't get to the game for some reason so missed him.
    Not heard anything from him since.
    Real shame, I was always impressed with how considerate he was to Distant Addick bringing him to games on a long round trip when the motor neurone disease really started to affect Distant. All done with minimum of fuss. A selfless " Charlton" act.
    His take on the current situation would also have been suitably acerbic. ;-)
    Wherever he is, hope life is treating him well :-)

• Options
    A suitable memorial for a statue to Pepe Le Pue, a Belgian national hero and founder of the largest white flag factory in Europe...