Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Robinson

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
I was told that Robinson signed one of the matchballs at half time and handed it to a young fan.If so,top bloke and nice touch.
Mind you,he was not that generous otherwise he would have handed us the three points instead of knocking back everything we threw at him.

Comments

• Did notice him hand a ball to a young lad behind the goal just before the 2nd half started. Can't comment on whether or not he signed it though. Always been a fan of him. Met him (very briefly) and always seems to come across as a proper gent.
  • We noticed him throwing the ball to the fan aswell, nice touch of decency. Always liked Robinson, just seems a decent pro.
  • Other than refusing to turn out for his nation he seems to be a consummate pro
  • Nice guy, but why would a Charlton fan want a ball signed by Paul Robinson?
  • Cheers Guys.On the face of it,Blackburn must be praying he keeps fit.They looked poor.

Ex England goalie. Think it is pretty cool tbh.

• Noticed Hamer and Rhodes swapped shirts at the end as well.
  • Did Rhodes play? :)
  • Do you guys think if Blackburn stay down he would leave for a Premiership team? Surely a newly promoted team would have him?

ebay

• Sponsored links:

• Always loved Robbo, bless him.
    You wont see many keeper do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sDnhxmUiE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Always loved Robbo, bless him.
    You wont see many keeper do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sDnhxmUiE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quality!!. Still a great keeper & obviously a great bloke too!!
  • Thought Robinson had an excellent game for them yesterday. After the game he was hanging around outside chatting and signing.
  • Clearly too good for this league, I'm surprised he's still there.
  • Clearly too good for this league, I'm surprised he's still there.

Agree he should be in the prem, but maybe he feels some responsibility towards getting relegated and wants to help correct it?
  • Seems like a good bloke thanked the ball boys every time they collected the ball for him and a really good keeper as well
  • Blackburn fans on one of there MB not happy with him.
  • He came a long way for the game so good on him.

• It must be hard playing with a fake leg too.
  • he looked fat from tv footage
  • Sponsored links:

• me and MCS couldnt believe how fat he was. hes always been a unit but he looked like he has been eating too much and training too little
  • Carter said:

me and MCS couldnt believe how fat he was. hes always been a unit but he looked like he has been eating too much and training too little

Was saying to the guy sitting next to me, Robbo is going to be one of those players that when they retire and stop the daily training, his size will balloon in 6 months
  • He was a massive unit, but still has it! He earned them a point on Saturday, and seems like a top bloke.
  • He was pretty fat yeah. I was laughing about it with people next to me. A bit into the game I think it was the second half there was a stop in play for a while and Robinson was by the half way line talking to the linesman about 20 metres from me. A woman near me started shouting about how he'd put on weight but he couldn't hear. He then turned to a member of the crowd and I could see him mouthing "yeah I am fat" or something along those lines. It actually made me a tad sad. He hadn't done anything wrong and seemed like a pretty nice bloke... Not like he was mouthing anyone off or anything.
  • he looked fat from tv footage

what was David Dunn then !!!

• Always liked Robinson, thought he was hard done by losing his place to the likes of James and Green for England after oly a cuple of mistakes (one of which - the divot - was hardly his fault). Both the others made more errors.

Hart is better now, obviously.
  • Robbo was looking a bit chunky, however David Dunn looked like his kit had been sprayed on him!!
  • Other than refusing to turn out for his nation he seems to be a consummate pro

It's for the greater good. He gets lobbed so easily, his footwork was always suspect.

He may have only made a couple of obvious errors, but in the 12 months before he lost his place, he conceded some really poor goals from long range. After that Croatia error, in the same game, he was lobbed by a header from six yards.
  • one of which - the divot - was hardly his fault

He made the bloody divot!!! ;-)