Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ELO night this Friday

BDLBDL
edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
ELO night on BBC4 on Friday, consisting of the following...

2100 - 2200 : Mr Blue Sky, the story of Jeff Lynne & ELO
2200 - 2300 : ELO Live At Wembley (1978 tour, Out Of The Blue tour)
2300 - 2350 : Rock Family Trees - Birmingham Beat
2350 - 0020 : Jeff Lynne Acoustic

Poptastic!

Comments

• edited October 2012
  • Beard music.
  • Beard music.

What, ladies only?
  • Philistines
  • edited October 2012
    Mr Blue Sky = One of me all time favourite songs.

Seem to remember a former member of ELO being killed by a haystack rolling into his water delivery van?
  • One of the cellists was a South East London boy - from Lee, I think.
  • Fantastic! i have just set the pre-record just in case i'm not in this friday. I was at Wembley for the 1988 Tour, oh they were the days
  • One of the cellists was a South East London boy - from Lee, I think.

Got sacked for being caught on the fiddle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Superb band.
  • I don't care what you all think , i love ELO !
  • Looks good, that was a great series 'rock family trees', I vaguely remember that episode.
  • I was at the 1978 Wembley gig - Christ now I feel old!
  • Great band who will always remind me if my brother.
    So they're great!!!!!

Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw "ELO"
  • Another Saga-related anecdote: the first time I saw ELO was at the Fairfield Halls. After the performance they were banned from ever playing there again, which I am sure really hurt their career. The offence was that one of the cello players knocked a chair off the stage. Rock and Roll!!!
  • They were the best - so many great songs. My favourite album is Time
  • The first programme is teaching me a few things - good stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• As rock CVs go, his isn't too shoddy. Some useful referees too. And humble with it.
  • Yeah, agree, the bit when he was with Paul, George and Ringo and said he could have listened forever while they were reminiscing... you could see how
    much he meant it and he knew how privileged he was at that moment.
  • Amazing how much radio play they are getting these days! A band well ahead of their time. I remember the Kenny Everitt radio show, he used to love em!
  • edited October 2012
    Just watched the Jeff Lynne documentary on I-player. What a star. ONLY downside is i have been listening to Del Shannon runaway on Youtube now all morning full blast on the headphones. Just woke up my youngest who had a late night with my awful singing along and the cats have pissed off out, don't blame them really.
  • watched it too - had a little chuckle to myself when they were discussing how they got together as The Travelling Willbury's - "shall we ask Bob Dylan.........yeah, why not" ".and what about Roy Orbisson"
  • A good programme, though it did seem to gloss over the ELO years somewhat, to concentrate on his 'second career' as a producer.
  • edited October 2012
    Very rarely do i wish I was older than I am but I have just watched the Wembley Arena concert of 1978 and , boy do I wish I was there . brilliant