Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

April Jones (Missing)

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
46 Year old man arrested over this.

Fingers crossed she is found safe well!

Comments

• Great news..........just hope she is ok.

I stayed in Macllnynth (sp) 2 years ago - nice little 9 hole golf course...............not much else though
  • This is REALLY worrying .. the poor child .. IF it is a case of child abduction by a stranger it seems the perpetrators have nothing to fear from the previous experience of other nonces. They are nicked, sent to prison or a secure hospital and chatted to in a nice warm room by social workers and psychologists .. 'you poor man, tell me all about it'. Perhaps if they knew they'd be kept in solitary and fed bread and water for the remainder of their lives they would think again before causing untold distress to children and their families. I pray that little April is alive and unharmed
  • Sorry Lincs, but think that's rubbish. It's not like a bank job when they can sit down and weigh up risk and reward, unfortunately people who abduct kids are messed up in the head and/or think they'll get away with it.

Lets just hope for a happy outcome for her here, and not turn this into a debate about the prison system.
  • edited October 2012

Sorry Lincs, but think that's rubbish. It's not like a bank job when they can sit down and weigh up risk and reward, unfortunately people who abduct kids are messed up in the head and/or think they'll get away with it.

Lets just hope for a happy outcome for her here, and not turn this into a debate about the prison system.

you could be right .. I still reckon that many would be deterred if they knew that the consequences would be VERY severe. As you say, a debate on penal policy is not appropriate here
  • I am just praying they find the poor little girl

I can't Imagine what her parents are going through

If the big man upstairs is listening help find her safe and well

• edited October 2012

I am just praying they find the poor little girl

I can't Imagine what her parents are going through

If the big man upstairs is listening help find her safe and well

Amen to that. Absolute nightmare. My lad went missing at Eurodisney for 10 minutes. The worst ten minutes of my life.

• Coastguards and aerial searches being made.

I have an awful feeling this is not going to have a happy ending.

Have an awful feeling you're right. I sat my 7 and 4 year old daughters down in front of the news this evening and told them that is why I don't let them out, what a horrible world this is sometimes.

I Hope April is okay but fear for the worse hear, either way I am praying for her and her family xxx

Have an awful feeling you're right. I sat my 7 and 4 year old daughters down in front of the news this evening and told them that is why I don't let them out, what a horrible world this is sometimes.

I Hope April is okay but fear for the worse hear, either way I am praying for her and her family xxx
    Sadie, we live in a small Close. There are many children who live in the Close and my nine year old daughter plays with them. It is as safe a neighbourhood as I could imagine. We have a rule, she stays in our road and does not go out of sight of the house without agreeing with us and then she has to go to specific friends houses.

Today, of all days, I got

"Daddy, Amy has asked me can I go to her house to play?"

"where is Amy's house?" (there are at least two Amy's)

" In our road around the corner"

"OK but you come back by 5.30pm"

"OK Dad"

At 5.30 pm, no sign. I go down to where she told where me she is. No sign. I wasn't frantic but worried. I spotted another child. I asked him where Amy lived, He asked me which Amy. He told me one of them lives down another adjoining road. A couple of minutes later my daughter emerged - not from the Amy's house in our road, but the one in the next road!!

We had yet another heart to heart and I used the current case to illustrate. She's grounded for the next couple of days to re-enforce the message. I have now tightened the rules. No going out of sight of our house (to other children's houses) unless I or Mum take you and bring you back. Probably an over reaction but............

I can't imagine what April's poor parents are going through.

• Glad everything worked out for you bing, it's the most horrible feeling in the world not knowing where your kids are and whether they're safe, my eldest (11) has put me through it more times than I can count, they don't realise how it makes us feel. X
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously I'm really hoping they find april. As a parent I imagine it is almost impossible to cope.

I have two girls (15 and 3 years old). The eldest has gradually been given free reign to go where she sees fit but as a youngster was never allowed out to play unsupervised. We will take the same approach with the 3 year old.
  • It's just so sad that this poor little angel ain't been found

First thing I thought of today telly on any news

Nope none

There's a saying it takes a village to raise a child

Know where they are

Know who they are with

Know what they are doing

Know why they are doing it

Know when they will be home

I really hope this ends better than I fear
  • Not sure if I'm reading the reports correct, but the police have said that the bloke they have arrested "lived locally and he had been sought" they also said "We knew he was in the area and have anxious to trace him". Does this mean he has previous, or this sort of thing? Or is it because his motor matches the descriptions from the witnesses?

Anyway, if it is him, hang him! Failing that I'd love to stand on his wind-pipe!
  • He had the same vehicle that they were looking for
  • Left hand drive vehicle I think they said which matched up to his vehicle.

But he's in custody and she's not found. Its not looking good at all.

I had to switch off Kay Burley yesterday. She is flipping dreadful to listen to.
  • edited October 2012
    BIG_ROB said:

Not sure if I'm reading the reports correct, but the police have said that the bloke they have arrested "lived locally and he had been sought" they also said "We knew he was in the area and have anxious to trace him". Does this mean he has previous, or this sort of thing? Or is it because his motor matches the descriptions from the witnesses?

Anyway, if it is him, hang him! Failing that I'd love to stand on his wind-pipe!

Named as Mark Bridger how long can they retain him before having to release him?
  • Still no more news on this, but I know I wouldn't leave a 5 year old girl out playing with her friends at 7pm with the endless amount of paedos we seem to have about. On Daybreak this morning they were concentrating the search around a particular stretch of river. Like others have said here it doesn't look, but let's hope she hasn't come to any harm.
  • People have said the comment about I wouldn't leave a 5 ur old out and I suppose in lOndon that's a fair comment

But the town in which she was the most exciting thing to happen there is prob the post office staying open late

Too me it's all about this poor girl the family are suffering enough without the added suffering of guilt
  • People have said the comment about I wouldn't leave a 5 ur old out and I suppose in lOndon that's a fair comment

But the town in which she was the most exciting thing to happen there is prob the post office staying open late

Too me it's all about this poor girl the family are suffering enough without the added suffering of guilt

But most five year olds cannot make sensible decisions by themselves. Whether that's getting into a strangers car or crossing the road at the right time. Also just heard she had cerebal palsy.
    Personally,
    Would not let her out of my sight for a second.