Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Den Upgrade

http://footballgroundguide.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=24750

No more seats, but covering the outside and filling in the corners with offices. Or as a West Ham fan said
You can't polish a turd...................... but you can roll it in glitter.............

Comments

• Options
    You can put a pig in a suit but you can't stop it grunting.
  • Options
    You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Offices?! Why?
  • Options
    Will they paint over the rust ?
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Offices?! Why?

Er, commerical income.

Over 2,500 homes, retail units, 2 minutes to London Bridge (which if you'd noticed will soon become the premier place to be), easy connections to docklands, future ELL to Shoreditch, North London & Clapham.

If it comes off it's going to be make money. Not for Millwall though, we'll just come along once every other week and cause hassle.

• Options
    They need to do something , the ground looks a bit of an eyesore on the train journey up to London Bridge.
  • Options

They need to do something , the ground looks a bit of an eyesore on the train journey up to London Bridge.

Unfortunately, by the looks of that mock-up, the ground will still be there!!

;-)
  • Options
    the trees are only there so they can tie their kids up to.
  • Options

EastStand said:

Offices?! Why?

Er, commerical income.

Over 2,500 homes, retail units, 2 minutes to London Bridge (which if you'd noticed will soon become the premier place to be), easy connections to docklands, future ELL to Shoreditch, North London & Clapham.

If it comes off it's going to be make money. Not for Millwall though, we'll just come along once every other week and cause hassle.

I have noticed SLL, I've lived
    down the road in Bricklayers Arms for almost 25 years. I just mean its a strange place for a company to want their offices based. I'm not having a go, it just struck me as an odd choice. But if its works out, great.
  • Options
    Looks good. Don't look like it will hide the shit hole from the railway side though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm guessing it's going to be local companies, those who want to be near London Bridge but can't afford the rates around there, or those companies who are getting business off the back of the regen, like sporting management firms or something. It's an up & coming area with more & more middle class luvvies moving in, you know what's it like round there now in some places! (& in roads nearby, poverty, desperation, drugs, crime & destruction)
  • Options
    I do mate. Finding a decent pub that won't charge you £4 a pint is becoming impossible.
  • Options
    How they gonna get all their old tyres and engine parts up the stairs of them offices when the lifts break down ?
  • Options
    LOL. I'm sure people are queuing up to live/work next to the new den and the recycling plant.

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.
  • Options
    Erm.... filling in the corner with something other than seats????? Bit like Orient I guess. Small club mentality :)
  • Options
    Tbh I doubt the capacity at The Den will ever need to be more than it currently is so I think what is proposed is a good bit of business. Stadium also needed a good tidy up so what's not to like from a Millwall perspective.
  • Options
    To be fair the plan looks lovely but not very intimidating and about as far away from the Millwall image as you could imagine.
    Sparrer...they will need plenty of bins for all the beer cans and some portable loos otherwise the trees won't last very long.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Do people seriously think that looks good? Jeez, it's not even a half decent model - looks like someone has just used a few white shoe boxes.

Out of interest, who actually owns the land/is looking to fund this development?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Do people seriously think that looks good? Jeez, it's not even a half decent model - looks like someone has just used a few white shoe boxes.

Out of interest, who actually owns the land/is looking to fund this development?

Mate it's a model! It is all about the finished article, I think it would be good business for Millwall. It wouldn't be worth there while putting in more seating as the den hardly ever sells out.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Mate it's a model! It is all about the finished article, I think it would be good business for Millwall. It wouldn't be worth there while putting in more seating as the den hardly ever sells out.
    Exactly - it's a cheap model. I think it looks awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can you imagine the amount of materials going walkies from those building sites?
  • Options

EastStand said:

Offices?! Why?

Er, commerical income.

:-)

• Options
    Do Millwall own their ground or do they still rent it from Lewisham Council. Unless they own the land around the ground, this redevelopment probably won't help them. All that will happen is the light industrial businesses will be swapped for office based businesses. Won't necessarily increase the attendances.
  • Options
    Very smart move to write the club name across the pitch (very helpful to know youve managed to navigate your way to your own ground) Thats if you can read of course.