Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Owen Coyle Sacked

Gone from Bolton

Comments

• Options
    Burnley fans'll be p*ss*ng themselves.
  • Options
    Not seeing anything on Sky or BBC but they are a bit slow sometimes. Not a huge surprise really after getting them relegated and currently 18th in the Championship.
  • Options
    Wrong decision. He won't struggle for work, he's a quality manager.
  • Options
    I predicted that Bolton would be in real trouble this season. I know it's early days, but they do not look like they are going to make the top two and if they don't go up they could be in real trouble. With no money for new players they had to change the Manager because a short term lift might get their season back on track.

I have to say I'd much sooner be where we are than where they are. I suspect that they could well be about to take the same journey that we took in 2008.
  • Options

I predicted that Bolton would be in real trouble this season. I know it's early days, but they do not look like they are going to make the top two and if they don't go up they could be in real trouble. With no money for new players they had to change the Manager because a short term lift might get their season back on track.

I have to say I'd much sooner be where we are than where they are. I suspect that they could well be about to take the same journey that we took in 2008.

Good shout I was thinking the same for Blackburn.
  • Options
    They must have someone lined up as he's a decent manager.
  • Options
    No real surprise. For a club to nosedive as far as Bolton, the manager must have 'lost the dressing room'. He strikes me as a rather old fashioned manager who is no longer even capable of talking a good game
  • Options
    Can't say I feel too bad for him. What goes around, comes around and all that....
  • Options

Burnley fans'll be p*ss*ng themselves.

To be honest most of them I encountered up there probably have been for years.
  • Options
    That time of the year, 10 games is enough to indicate where your season is going, and it's an international break,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bolton are gonna do a charlton ... But worse ... 100 mil in debt isn't it ?
  • Options
    Curbs will be a standard 14/1 shot probably
  • Options
    Mick Mcarthy

IMO shoeing and will go up
  • Options
    Phil 'Hey Mr Tangerine Man' Brown to get the job ?
  • Options
    Not surprised at all. He was doing a worse job than Kean.
  • Options
    According to the BBC report Bolton are £120 million in debt, though most of it to Eddie Davis. That is a big hurdle to success, just as our debts were to us. I think K-H-A is right, a trip to league one is one the cards. The better players are going to want out soon and any club with some money will be on the lookout.
  • Options
    McMillwall 7/4 fav
    Curbs 12's
    Hey Mr Tangerine Man 20's
  • Options
    I was hoping they would wait until just after we played them!
  • Options
    Loco said:

According to the BBC report Bolton are £120 million in debt, though most of it to Eddie Davis. That is a big hurdle to success, just as our debts were to us. I think K-H-A is right, a trip to league one is one the cards. The better players are going to want out soon and any club with some money will be on the lookout.

How on earth do banks and creditors allow a debt of 120 million to accumulate. Bolton is a medium sized football club in greater Manchester for goodness sake
  • Options

Loco said:

How on earth do banks and creditors allow a debt of 120 million to accumulate. Bolton is a medium sized football club in greater Manchester for goodness sake
    If the loan is to an individual there are no checks, obviously. Maybe Eddie Davis doesn't expect it all back (which would be just as well as he's clearly never going to get it all back) but unless he waives it (and the interest that I read, ages ago, was 5% p/a - £5.5m) they are going to be hamstrung.

The relegation from the Premier League was always going to happen with that sort of debt but on the income they have now....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Loco said:

The debt is a personal debt to Eddie Davis, not owed to banks or other commercial lenders.

Still unsure where Davies made his money, whatever it was he must have made a shitload of cash.
  • Options
    Anyone else thinking the dreaded word "Administration" will be hoving into view any day now?
  • Options
    McCarthy and Roy Keane mentioned in dispatches for the job...would buy a ticket, if they decided it on a fight!!

;-)
  • Options
    They should have stayed playing hoofball
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    http://www.mannyroad.co.uk/?p=31.. is a good summary of Bolton's finances .. oh, there is a nice picture of Reo-Coker included
  • Options
    Bet on Bolton to win the league what a mare!
  • Options

http://www.mannyroad.co.uk/?p=31.. is a good summary of Bolton's finances .. oh, there is a nice picture of Reo-Coker included

Bloody hell, that does put a different light on things.

I must admit, I was wondering how Davies could simply loan out 120 million with no hope of getting it back, he is wealthy but no Buffett or Gates.
  • Options
    Isn't Iain Dowie from that area.......

(Please god, please)
  • Options
    In reality Big Sam could be under threat at Wet Sham soon
  • Options
    CP has just appointed an Agent for the first time in his career.A certain Mr neville according to the Daily Mail