Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone had a swim up room on holiday?

DA9DA9
edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Worth the extra money?

Comments

• Options
    I would've thought a lot depends on where you are. Did an upgrade in the maldives to a villa on stilts along with a glass lounge floor. Worthwhile it for a couple of nights, but 7k for 10 nights would have been a waste.
  • Options
    No based on ones seen in Mexico - not vfm in my opinion.
  • Options
    Had one in the First Choice Holiday Village Rhodes and it was realy good
  • Options
    Agree with BB. Had one for my honeymoon in Mexico and we didnt really use it as the main pool was so nice
  • Options
    Got a free upgrade to one on honeymoon in Jamaica,very nice laying on the sunbed with the pool lapping round but wouldnt personally pay for one,especially if,like us,you are all inclusive. Its a bit difficult for the waiters to get to you and a pain for you to get the bar as you are swimming across then trying to get your rum punchs back again ;) We didnt use the swim up as much as we couldve done,very nice for a couple of days though.
  • Options
    Must be a bugger getting your luggage in...

• Options
    For a couple of nights, then the novelty wears off and it becomes a pain in the palarse
  • Options

Thats the place I am thinking of booking next year, or one in Crete.

• Options
    The water bungalows like you get in the Maldives are magnificent. Got upgraded to one for our last four nights there and it turned an average holiday into a brilliant holiday - not so much because of being able to swim out from your room but because of the sea creatures casually swimming past. Not a wildlife enthusiast at all, but basking sharks, manta rays and various multicoloured fish were pretty impressive. Can't say I'd be that bothered by a private pool - would be nice, but not worth the several hundred quid that it will no doubt add to the cost of the holiday.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

How easy would it be for your littlun to get out there though?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

DA9 said:

wont even be crawling by the time we go, any other time, strapped in buggy/car seat in the shade etc.

• Options
    uhmm, if you leave the doors open and go upstairs for a kip any bugger can swim along, up onto the decking and nick your gear. Not very secure is it?
  • Options

uhmm, if you leave the doors open and go upstairs for a kip any bugger can swim along, up onto the decking and nick your gear. Not very secure is it?

Theres a simple answer to that, dont go for a kip without locking doors :-)

• Options
    DA9 said:

IF you can afford it go to Rhodes - it's their flagship Holiday Village. BEen there and the one in Turkey but Rhodes was much nicer tbh.

Had a water bungalow in MAldives and it was brilliant. Totally unnecessary and very expensive but we also had an outdoor shower and jacuzzi.

• Options
    DA9 said:

p.s. the upstairs is another room, different level, ie, not yours

• Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

how do they get up there then? some sort of canal lock?
  • Options

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

how do they get up there then? some sort of canal lock?
    LOL, I assume the entrances to both floors are around the front, the rear swim up area is affetively your terrace/balcony without a fence.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

DA9 said:

Difficult without being arrested.
  • Options
    I've had a 'throw up' room on holiday...hang on, no that's every holiday!