Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Technology

Went to answer a call on my new iphone today, took a picture of my ear instead.......anyone else have this kind of problem with technology?

Comments

• Options
    Amswered my i-ron today and burnt my ear....................
  • Options
    Was up for a free upgrade with 02. My youngest talked me into going the smartphone way. I am old enough to remember what a mobile phone is basically for, ie; to phone people, so had kept my trusty old handset till it fell apart.

The service was great, new Nokia Lumia 800, bill down from £35 pm to £21 pm, had to hang on the phone 30 mins on Saturday but was worth it in the end and was chuffed when it turned up 08:30 on the Monday morning.

Then...

No micro sim card with it, could not just swap with my old sim (too big). Was going down to Chavtown anyway so popped in to the 02 shop and they transferred my sim, bit pissed off about waiting 24 hours for it to work but still happy enough.

Still getting to grips with it Tuesday morning and the fucking thing packs up on me... deed, nada, feck all happening, does not charge. Can't use the old phone as sim is discontinued, can't go back to shop coz i upgraded on the phone. They will deliver a replacement tomorrow morning but i am out all day and i don't now have a mobile phone till Friday...

Technology sucks the big one, and i worked in IT for 30 years !
  • Options
    it drives me mad !
  • Options
    Shag said:

it drives me mad !

and me,
    but how do young kids just `know' how to work everything?
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Shag said:

it drives me mad !

and me,
    They do mate, but what consoles me, or shall i say frightens me, is the fact that 99.9% of them know feck all about anything else.

• Options
    When camera phones first came out there used to be a short cut button on mine on the side and it was really sensistive so i was always inadvertently knocking it and ending up with pictures of the floor, my pocket or my feet. It was also annoying as had a loud "click and rolling" noise to imitate and old style normal camera....couple of times i was on a packed train texting and would accidentally (honest!!!) hit the button and it would make a noise as it took the picture which was extremely embarrassing particularly if sat opposite a sort who would think you were a wrong un taking pictures of strangers.

• Options

Shag said:

it drives me mad !

and me,
    My 6 year old daughter proudly announced last weekend that she knew Daddy's 4 digit pin code to unlock his iPhone and iPad. Raised my eyebrows and told her to prove it. Handed over my phone and she unlocked it 1st attempt. Couldnt quite believe that she'd done it. How the hell did you do that I asked? Well Daddy, I noticed you hit the keys in the same order as you do when you turn off the house alarm so I made a note to remember the house alarm buttons when you turned it off this morning.

FFS. How the hell could I get sussed to easily...by a 6 year old.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Shag said:

it drives me mad !

and me,
    My 6 year old daughter proudly announced last weekend that she knew Daddy's 4 digit pin code to unlock his iPhone and iPad. Raised my eyebrows and told her to prove it. Handed over my phone and she unlocked it 1st attempt. Couldnt quite believe that she'd done it. How the hell did you do that I asked? Well Daddy, I noticed you hit the keys in the same order as you do when you turn off the house alarm so I made a note to remember the house alarm buttons when you turned it off this morning.

FFS. How the hell could I get sussed to easily...by a 6 year old.

My boy does similar things (he's 9) but can't cross the road on his own.
  • Options
    Stick with this bad boy and you'll be fine: