Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nonsence

Becoming fed up with the nonsence spouted by those in charge of the game and how they change the rules / invent new rules as they go along. Portsmouth are in administration but have not had their 10 point deduction - they have been told that they will only have the points deduction once they come OUT of administration - so a rule has been re-written and Portsmouth have no incentive to come out of administration. Swindon transfer embargo - this has been caused becuase they spent 1.5% over the maximum transfer spending they are allowed - but the fees they had to pay for the two players concerned was set by a tribuneral and turned out to be more than they had been led to believe it would be but once set they were obliged to pay it. So through no fault of their own they are being penalised. A few years ago now, Cardiff received a loan from the FA to avoid going into administration - how ?? Why ?? I dont know the detail of the Port Vale situation but I believe they too have never had their point deduction for going into administration. So if rules are made up/changed on a whim all the time, should we have not sold Shelvey when we did to avoid administration, maybe with him still in the team at the end of the season gained promotion, avoided another 2 years in the 3rd division and in the long run have been better off, if our points deduction didnt happen until we had come out of administration ? The behaviour of the authourities by these actions is bringing the game into disrepute as different teams are being treated differently in the same situation. And this does matter - Portsmouth signed Luke Varney from Blackpool as they offered him more money. Blackpool didnt want to sell but the player wanted to go, understandably anyone would be keen to earn more money for the same amount of work. But it turned out Portsmouth, by definition, couldnt actually afford these wages as they then went into administration (again!!) , in effect they signed a player they couldnt afford, which some could say is cheating - yet they have not been punished. Makes you wonder if we should have played by the rules and sold Shelvey when we did doesnt it.

Comments

• Options
    i'm sure Pompey will be deducted the 10 points soon - I don't think they can delay coming out of admisistration as its down to a 3rd party (the administrators )..............i guess it will be before xmas.
  • Options
    I saw the thread title and I instantly thought of Brass Eye....
  • Options
    Me too.

I can remember Phil Collins talking nonse-sense. Hilarious.

As for 'Dr' Fox....me oh my....
  • Options
    Was watching that Brass Eye episode on 4OD the other night and it's the first thing that sprung to my mind too. What a dirty Fence Vole.
  • Options
    Shatner's Bassoon.
  • Options
    Paragraphs
  • Options
    I thought you made quite an interesting post Dennis. But unfortunately you made a spelling mistake in the title so it didnt get off to a flyer.

Must try harder or else the charlton life spelling police will have you you know! (The comment about paragraphs is a good one tho).

• Options
    Forget the spelling and paragraphs I think Dennis makes a really goof point here actually what has gone on is tantamount to cheating and should be stopped. In the real world Portsmouth would be out of business like Wookworths, JJB Sports and all the others.....crazy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The worst example I can think of in this country of the FA choosing not to enforce their own rules is the Tevez affair at West Ham - the rules stated that West Ham should have been deducted points and banned from the following seasons FA Cup, yet by them choosing to amend their own rules and fine West Ham instead Sheffield United got relegated from the Prem. Neil Warnock the Sheffield United manager at the time said that the failure of the FA to enforce their own rules at the time now means that they can never deduct points from a Pemier League team and in effect Premier League teams can just do what they want as the rules dont matter, and he was quite right. There are so many real issues in football, so many problems - severe financial problems, a flawed off side law and so many other issues - yet the media fixate on trivia and side issues rather than report the real issues.