Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hello from Philli

edited October 2012 in Not Sports Related
Am away for 6 weeks with new job...... Loving it over here but gutted to be missing footy!!
Saturday sounded like a blast and gutted cos I wanted to go for weekend...

Comments

• An hour away in Baltimore, if you get down this way let's have a brew.
  • Make sure you go Gino's for a cheese steak
  • i would stear clear of west phillidelphia, i hear theres a couple of guys up to no good in that neighbourhood...
  • i would stear clear of west phillidelphia, i hear theres a couple of guys up to no good in that neighbourhood...

Oh don't be so dramatic. He got in 1 little fight & his mum got scared!!
  • limeygent said:

An hour away in Baltimore, if you get down this way let's have a brew.

And go to Baltimore harbour and have a nice meal, visited a great seafood restuarnt when i was there.
  • I am not ashamed to admit that I have spent one night in Baltimore and I ate at Hooters. Chicken wings of course. .
  • http://mobile.fogodechao.com, great place for meal in centre city philly, but can end up pricey.

If you're in the area check out Billy Murphy's Irish bar in East Falls, friend of mine often works behind the bar.
  • Cheers fella... Here till mid November so I'll try check it all out

Oh don't be so dramatic. He got in 1 little fight & his mum got scared!!
    Didn't she send him to him to live with his auntie & uncle in bel air?

• Baltimore, take a nail gun and coarse lime.
  • Sponsored links:

• You have to have a cheese steak.
  • South Street is also good for a night out, loads of bars and restaurants. It's where "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" is set.
  • Fado's (1500 Locust street) is a great pub and used to be my 2nd home.
    They open early on Saturdays and Sundays for the football (they used to anyway, when I lived there for a few months back in 2004).
    And definitely Geno's for the cheese steaks. I actually used to get the chips from Pat's (just across the road).
    Buffalo Billiards is great for a few games of pool.
    Hopefully they still have the Samuel Adams Octoberfest beer on tap.
    I miss Philly...
  • Hit fados last weekend.... Good boozer and yeah they still have the Samuel Adams Oktoberfest on tap!! Happy days!!
  • Don't forget me clobber pal, XXL. ; )
  • BIG_ROB said:

Don't forget me clobber pal, XXL. ; )

JACAMO

• Hey @webbja77 noticed you were in the Tilted Kilt last night....dirty sod haha!
  • DA9 said:

BIG_ROB said:

Don't forget me clobber pal, XXL. ; )

JACAMO

Lol
  • didn't know dan .... honest!!
    back in london for weekend.... flying back to philli tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spent a night in Baltimore last week. Had a steak. Very impressed with Baltie.

Philly is a nice little town mind. Enjoy.
  • See from Facebook you're still out there J pal, good luck!
  • Cheers fella... Weather not too bad but camped in hotel!!
  • Webbja77 said:

Cheers fella... Weather not too bad but camped in hotel!!

.......at the bar no doubt! ; )

• Spent a night in Baltimore last week. Had a steak. Very impressed with Baltie.

Philly is a nice little town mind. Enjoy.

Glad you liked Baltimore...

• I did, downtown was looking good. Hope to get back soon for a proper look around.
  • What a six weeks to be out there @Webbja77 . Hope you're ok . Spoke to brother in law on ichat last night and he said Phillie is in shutdown .

Stay safe.
  • Hi mate, yeah it's been great... Got just over a week left!! Can't waitntonget home see my boys and the mighty reds!! Philli was back up and running midday yesterday..
  • Webbja77 said:

Hi mate, yeah it's been great... Got just over a week left!! Can't waitntonget home see my boys and the mighty reds!! Philli was back up and running midday yesterday..

Are you working out there J mate?
  • Yeah mate, 6 weeks stint with new role... Been tough 12 hour days starting at 4am...mproperfucked now mate.. How's France?