Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plumber

Anybody know one or is one who could check out why my washing machine stinks to fckin high heaven?

I live near Harvester Falconwood and could do with someone having a look at it, dont want to pay a fortune but would def pay something pre agreed.

\Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Do you use those capsule things or powder?
  • Options
    have you cleaned the strainer? could be something luking in there.
    Most are usually a spring loaded door towards the bottom right hand of the front of the machine ,my last two have anyway
  • Options
    Razil is your man
  • Options
    Miss-read that, thought it said Plumper and was expecting a fat Would Ya!

If it ain't what GH said, it could be the pump not emptying the dirty water properly.
  • Options
    cheers fellas, thanks for advice, it stinks to high heaven and with busy life, two teenagers and a 9 month old its just forgot about every bloody day!!!!!
    Ill have a lookat the above mentioned, if no good, Raz, would you have a brief look? Paid obv
  • Options
    oh, soz CWLC, we use the Gel stuff.
    Big rob, you go Eaglesfield?
  • Options
    run it on the highest temperature you have. dont put clothes in or powder. Also check the drain
  • Options

oh, soz CWLC, we use the Gel stuff.
    Big rob, you go Eaglesfield?

Yeah mate.
  • Options
    Skin , buz me if your still stuck
  • Options

This made a big difference to ourt washing machine a few years back. We were using the gel tabs and after a few years the machine started to stink. Told by engineer that the gels and tab do not have the bleach that is included in normal washing powder which helps to keep the machine reasonably clean. The gel and tabs not good news for your machine apparently!

Switched to powder and after a few hot washes the smell disappeared. Sorted.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

This made a big difference to ourt washing machine a few years back. We were using the gel tabs and after a few years the machine started to stink. Told by engineer that the gels and tab do not have the bleach that is included in normal washing powder which helps to keep the machine reasonably clean. The gel and tabs not good news for your machine apparently!

Switched to powder and after a few hot washes the smell disappeared. Sorted.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Get some powder and do a couple of hot washes with an empty machine. The Gel capsule things are crap

• Options

have you cleaned the strainer? could be something luking in there.

Foxes probably

• Options
    Clean out the filter and wipe round inside the rubber door seal, and clean the powder drawer. Then run an empty full cycle on the hottest programme that you can, with a cup of white vinegar or lemon juice in the powder drawer. Should do the trick.