Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£2bn Paramount Theme park in Kent

Comments

• Options
    The scale of this is immense and the amount of land acquired surprised me. It looks like the A2, just past Bluewater and the roads around Ebbsfleet train station will be redesigned and new rods built.
    A lot of thought has gone into it but I would be concerned about traffic mangement, especially at peak times.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The whole area is going to become one great cluster **** for residents. There’ll be Ebbsfleet ‘Garden City’ so thousands more people on the roads, Greenhithe is having hundreds more flats built, Bluewater during busy periods is nasty, the tunnel screws up the area almost every day, the A2 has always been crap, and don’t get me started on the trains… This is going to make NW Kent almost unlivable at times. I really hope I’m down in Canterbury or somewhere by time this opens.
  • Options
    Yes, it will create jobs. I do think a Nintendoland with a Pokémon World attached would be the best draw though.
  • Options
    Plans are available on London Paramount's site - Just had a quick look and I'm really concerned about the amount of traffic it will add to Swanscombe Cutting and Pepper Hill - Given the amount of accidents already on that section. It also means that the nursery at Pepper Hill will go or lose most of its land.
  • Options
    This has put my off of looking at a few houses in the NW Kent area. I am trying to buy at the moment and it is going to cause so many problems that its putting me off.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Plans are available on London Paramount's site - Just had a quick look and I'm really concerned about the amount of traffic it will add to Swanscombe Cutting and Pepper Hill - Given the amount of accidents already on that section. It also means that the nursery at Pepper Hill will go or lose most of its land.

Will a free season ticket for Ebbsfleet United do?
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

The scale of this is immense and the amount of land acquired surprised me. It looks like the A2, just past Bluewater and the roads around Ebbsfleet train station will be redesigned and new rods built.
    A lot of thought has gone into it but I would be concerned about traffic mangement, especially at peak times.

It looks bloody enormous on the plans.

Will cause untold congestion for ages - can't see Bluewater being impressed in the short-term as it may deter people from visiting. However, longer term I assume they will be in favour as it could increase shoppers.
  • Options
    A theme park in Swanscombe? What's it going to be called "Dismal land"
  • Options
    Miserable feckers !!!!

Wallace n Gromit, what's not to like?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1553156&page=7
  • Options

Yes, it will create jobs. I do think a Nintendoland with a Pokémon World attached would be the best draw though.

If I could live my days out in a video game world, it would be Mario land.

Or on Monkey Island.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Or on Monkey Island.
    I fancy a bit of Grand Theft Auto World myself.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Or on Monkey Island.
    I fancy a bit of Grand Theft Auto World myself.
    Where you steal cars and kill hookers?

There's one just down the road already, it's called Northfleet.
  • Options
    One road in and one road out has always worked like a dream at Bluewater. Don't know what you're all worrying about.....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

One road in and one road out has always worked like a dream at Bluewater. Don't know what you're all worrying about.....

Let's be fair, one piddly fucking road system in and one piddly fucking road system out of one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe. The Yanks invented four lane off ramps in the 1950's. It's all down to small time thinking and planning in this country. Once everyone has finished crying over traffic and development blighting their back yard (code for shitting on the price of my house...) and the tortuous planning system in this country grinds proceedings to a halt, yet another generation of youngsters in this country will have missed out on hundreds of potential local job opportunities. But don't worry, well keep them on at school till 18 regardless of their wishes, give them a pointless degree and release them into a world they are scarcely equiped for!

Grrr!
  • Options
    Not more Charlton fans,surely? Should help stave off the poaching that West Ham will try on some of our fair-weather supporters.
  • Options
    I'm just glad I'm moving out of Gravesend next year, deeper into Kent............
  • Options

I'm just glad I'm moving out of Gravesend next year, deeper into Kent............

Still searching for our "dream " house in E Sussex....

• Options
    Could they not build a link to it from one of the rail stations close by. There were several old lines that used to run out that way.
  • Options

Still searching for our "dream " house in E Sussex....

Nothing quite that glamorous for me @Fanny Fanackapan .

Lower Rainham to live with my missus........... :neutral:

#Livingthedream
  • Options
    We moved to Greenhithe from Lee nearly four years ago. Young family and got more for our money plus it's a better area for the kids to grow up. Just as we get settled and the kids start school we may well end up moving again if this causes all the traffic I suspect it will
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    So if Paramount have pulled out of the deal, but they're still looking to go ahead, what are the rides going to be based on?
  • Options
    The developer, London Resort Company Holdings (LRCH), announced it was ending its agreement with Paramount.
    LHRC said it would still be submitting a planning application in November.

Good bit of journo there.
  • Options
    Deals already signed with BBC and Aardman. Likely they will do deals with other studios, Marvel/DC etc for attractions based on their films.

This will happen.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2017
    BDL said:

Deals already signed with BBC and Aardman. Likely they will do deals with other studios, Marvel/DC etc for attractions based on their films.

This will happen.

A friend of mine is a local councillor for the area and is ITK, it will happen, just a different logo over the entrance gates.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

BDL said:

This will happen.

A friend of mine is a local councillor for the area and is ITK, it will happen, just a different logo over the entrance gates.
    When PV makes his money from this deal, he'll be back to buy Charlton.
  • Options

DA9 said:

BDL said:

This will happen.

When PV makes his money from this deal, he'll be back to buy Charlton.
    The way we are going it shouldn't cost him much more tan he'd spend in the pub on a quiet night out ;-)
  • Options
    Deal has collapsed. Can't imagine this will be good news for Ebbslfeet fans
  • Options
    That's just the deal with Paramount @J BLOCK

The park still going ahead