Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Enhanced CRB

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    ha - no mention of the drugs conviction in the BBC article !!!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    How long does a conviction stay on record for. I got a 2 year suspended sentance in 2007 and have always swerved jobs with CRB checks losing out on some good ones and was just wondering when it would not show up.
  • Options
    i got the impression that they changed the law very recently and now everything stays on there
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I received a one year conditional discharge for a public order offence in 1984 so strictly speaking it's a spent conviction but it still shows on my enhanced CRB check and is a PITA when you have to explain it's for swearing at a football match (The West Midlands Police have a lot to answer for)
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

nolly said:

get a pnc plaayer about 10 pound they have whatever info the police have on you even if you have no record

Cheers mate, I'll do that. I did wonder what it could be for? Lucky my boss is alright about it.
    Probably when you was hanging around them Primary Schools

• Options
    what is the score with police cautions? If I wanted to travel to the USA would I have to get a visa because I have a caution? nothing serious but I heard that everything needs to be declared.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

My wife has trouble with CRBs because there is someone who uses her identity. Every time she has a CRB check she get's this long list of convictions and has to prove she's the 'real' Mrs Lout to get a clean one. These day there is a system to speed this up, but the first time it took months.

It probably doesn't help that her.surname is Lout....

• Options

Saga Lout said:

My wife has trouble with CRBs because there is someone who uses her identity. Every time she has a CRB check she get's this long list of convictions and has to prove she's the 'real' Mrs Lout to get a clean one. These day there is a system to speed this up, but the first time it took months.

It probably doesn't help that her.surname is Lout....

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I work in a public sector HR and administer CRB's. Although I can understand it was when you were 12 and for something very trivial, unfortunately employers can take the view that your dishonesty can be a cause for concern.

We have 3 chances for applicants to declare any previous convictions, on their application, at interview and a form before they complete the application with us. If they don't declare anything and something comes back then it is normally not a good ending.

We often get "I was told my caution would be wiped after blah blah" but if they aren't sure we just ask them to log it on the form to be safe.

We all do silly things when we are younger and alot of employers can understand that so hopefully you will be ok.
  • Options
    i cannot understand why we have to have CRB's at all. All they do is stop decent people getting jobs. years ago you did you paid yor fine said sorry and got on with your life. now its a life sentence.

just to prove how pointless they are Jimmy savilles CRB would have cleared him to work with kids
  • Options

Well had a email back very late last night from my direct boss who said as I was very young at the time and it was only a warning I am fine and still have the job :-) - thank f**k for that! Still feel sorry for anyone who's lost their job over something they did when they was young think it should be wiped once you reach 18 or five years.

Good to hear that mate.
  • Options
    I had a CRB done in June 2010, I still haven't recieved it, strange