Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v San Marino

Comments

• Options
    Hoping to do the return leg in March 2013. See it is possibly being played in their own national stadium capacity 7000.

@isawleaburnscore - how hard do you think it will be to get tickets? Have an England fans membership but havent done an away game for years.
  • Options
    uncle said:

8-0 Shelvey to score last goal scorecast. He's on the bench.

75/1 corals
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @clem_snide

In all honesty it's a tough one. The educated guesses out there are circa 2,500 away tickets so chances are for an "official" ticket you will be in the ballot for definite as loads will be keen on going somewhere like Italy for the first time since 1998 (I think?). Lots also (myself included) will be all over the double-header with the trip across the water to Montenegro straight after.

However, if you went over on say the Wednesday I would think you would be hard pushed to not be in the ground somewhere or another. It will be an Andorra job on a much smaller scale, i.e. a few locals there to watch a game, a finite cap on official away tickets to satisfy UEFA it won't be an England home game and then 50% empty seats.
  • Options
    Oh and i'd be stunned if it was moved to Bologna, Rimini, Florence etc. apparently they haven't played outside San Marino since 1993 and since then have played the likes of Germany in qualifiers
  • Options

uncle said:

8-0 Shelvey to score last goal scorecast. He's on the bench.

75/1 corals
    Not a bad bet - I'm sure he will be given some game time and he knows where the goal is.

• Options
    Can't be as high as 75/1 surely
  • Options
    SSN rumoured team:

Hart

Walker
    Cahill
    Jagielka
    Baines

Walcott
    Carrick
    Cleverley
    Ox-C

Rooney (c)
    Welbeck
  • Options
    Why do we need two centre backs for a game like this?
  • Options
    Joe Hart may aswell take a deck chair.

• Options
    If it was FIFA, you would play

Hart (rush GK)
    Walker, Baines
    Walcott, Carrick, Cleverley, Shelvey, Ox
    Rooney, Defoe, Welbeck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh and i'd be stunned if it was moved to Bologna, Rimini, Florence etc. apparently they haven't played outside San Marino since 1993 and since then have played the likes of Germany in qualifiers

Am I right in thinking you can fly into Dubrovnik and then train/bus it to Montenegro?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Hart (rush GK)
    Walker, Baines
    Rooney, Defoe, Welbeck

Would probably be the best way to set up for real too. They are just going to pack their defence all night.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Welbeck. deary me. he'll get his goals/game ratio up tonight then play crap for the next load of games, but it'll be alright cos he's got 5 in 7.

agree about the no need for a back four. seems like every international manager we have had has done it though. strange.
  • Options

Welbeck. deary me. he'll get his goals/game ratio up tonight then play crap for the next load of games, but it'll be alright cos he's got 5 in 7

That does not seem to apply to Peter Crouch though Gary?
  • Options
    I think they don't have the imagination to say - this is a special game against a very poor side and football principles don't apply here. But if we miss out on qualification by a few goals- it could prove costly conservatism.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Am I right in thinking you can fly into Dubrovnik and then train/bus it to Montenegro?
    Few different ideas knocking around at the moment. No trains in Dub or direct buses from Dub but we are thinking that by air it is off anyway as the flights from Italy weigh in at £250-300 just the single. The best plans are fly Rome to Podgorica then get out on the coast in Monte for a couple of days which is meant to be lovely or fly Rome/Milan to Tirana (Albania) then hire a car or taxi/bus the 100 miles up the coast across into Monte. There are a number of ferries that do the crossing from Ancona/Bari to Split/Dub/Monte coast but they are seasonal (this year if the game was played in the week that it will be, the first day of the ferry timetable would have been matchday), quite expensive and take about 3 times the flying time even factoring in the airport departure and peeing about getting from Albania up or Croatia down.

• Options

sam3110 said:

Hart (rush GK)
    Walker, Baines
    Rooney, Defoe, Welbeck

Would probably be the best way to set up for real too. They are just going to pack their defence all night.

I would guess that Walker and Baines will play pretty much as wing backs with Walcott and Ox joing the front two in the goal fest!
  • Options

Welbeck. deary me. he'll get his goals/game ratio up tonight then play crap for the next load of games, but it'll be alright cos he's got 5 in 7

i make you right. although crouch does gives you something different. not quite sure what welbeck gives.
  • Options
    Same team as in the papers this morning so not really as surprise.
  • Options

i make you right. although crouch does gives you something different. not quite sure what welbeck gives.
    Not sure he gives us anything different, as much as people think Crouch is good in the air he really isn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't particularly rate Welbeck that highly, but he has given me my happiest moment following England home and away in nearly 5 years so will give him the benefit of the doubt!
  • Options

Can't be as high as 75/1 surely

Yep - Betting slip is in the wallet, I snapped his hand off when he gave me 75/1 and put a quid on!
  • Options
    There surely is a better way of allocating qualifying groups. All the really weak teams in Europe, Asia, S America etc should be allocated into one of three area groups. The qualifiers from the groups should then play off for a proper world cup spot. Yes it would mean having one or two very weak sides in the finals but this is surely preferable to playing these farcical 'qualifying games' against top ranked sides. When all is said and done, England playing San Marino in a competitive match is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    Some teams do improve ofcourse but clearly these guys won't.

The real test is Tuesday..the main hope is to not suffer any injuries to key players.

• Options

There surely is a better way of allocating qualifying groups. All the really weak teams in Europe, Asia, S America etc should be allocated into one of three area groups. The qualifiers from the groups should then play off for a proper world cup spot. Yes it would mean having one or two very weak sides in the finals but this is surely preferable to playing these farcical 'qualifying games' against top ranked sides. When all is said and done, England playing San Marino in a competitive match is just ridiculous.

Even Usain Bolt has to face the worst runners, so why not England?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Even Usain Bolt has to face the worst runners, so why not England?
    His races last 10 seconds .. these farcical games last for 90 minutes .. even worse is watching (or not as the case may be) Scotland (say) v Australia over 50 overs .. I mean ... life REALLY is too short
  • Options
    This is so great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdQvqbIexk

I wouldn't mid if we lost tonight to be honest!!!!!!!!!! I feel so sorry for them.
  • Options
    San Marino will surely play an 8-1-1.
  • Options
    i will be supporting san marino tonight.

anyone know any songs they sing?