Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terrace fashion faux pas

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
Walking around with a silk scarf hanging from each wrist was not a good look. Any others?

Comments

• Options
    Scarf tied around the waist

Grown men in full kit
    (as if Powell is going to turn to the crowd, point to a 40something balding fat guy in the kit and say 'YOU!!!! Get ready, I'm bringing you on for Bradley!')

Wearing your football top over the top of a t-shirt, jumper and coat

Turning up to an away game in a yellow top, yellow jeans and yellow trainers because your away kit is yellow (this goes for any kit really but yellow is the most offensive imo)
  • Options

Walking around with a silk scarf hanging from each wrist was not a good look. Any others?

David Bekham? He is forced to wear a lot of silly things by his wife.
  • Options
    Grown men having their faces painted.
  • Options
    burberry
  • Options
    dressed in all black. probably something to do with watching too much twilight.

flip flops.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I used to like the sew on patches...had them all over my red and white scarf, and still have the 'official' Charlton badge/patch stuck up in the shed.
  • Options

More to do with CCTV recognition mate

• Options
    anything pink... men shouldn't wear pink - end of.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    DA1 said:

oh right...so what they’re gonna do, rob a museum later for a precious ancient jewel?
  • Options
    DA1 said:

Along similar lines, I can't stand them Goggle jackets!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

lol, I remember loads of us doing that at a Gills away game in the 70's
  • Options
    I find the middle aged account looking blokes in Stone Island jumpers mildly amusing.
  • Options
    Clockwork Orange anyone?

Picture on the internet somewhere of some cafc in Clockwork Orange get up.
  • Options
    yonks back in the old valley days i was just about to go on a sking holiday. I had just brought one of those puffy,multi coloured jackets with hood attachment ---top gear on a black run !
    However in one of those DOH moments i wore it to football ---------much mirth and pisstaking -----the best being "oiiiii zippy is it your round at the bar"
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    SE10 said:

Clockwork Orange anyone?

Picture on the internet somewhere of some cafc in Clockwork Orange get up.

that ran for a few games and even gained some press in one of the sunday nationals ... rather absurd looking back on it now ... but we were all a lot younger then ;-)
  • Options
    Does this mean that I have to take my cycle clips off my demob suit trousers ?
  • Options
    It was Plymouth away that people wore Clochwork orange gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Remember wearing a brown leather safari jacket, roll neck and flairs to an away game at Port Vale around '73/74. Went into a pub and about 50 blokes in overalls instantly stopped playing dominos and stared. Burslem wasn't ready for high fashion.
  • Options

DA1 said:

oh right...so what they’re gonna do, rob a museum later for a precious ancient jewel?
    Maybe he means black your face up as well, like Al Jolsson or Papa Lazarou from the League of gentlemen.
  • Options
    Boiler suits...popular with some of the old skinheads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And lesbians
  • Options

DA1 said:

No they are going to batter the fuck out of some of the opposition in numbers and with hoods up or even without it is hard to prove who is who on black and white CCTV. Hence Man Us firm being known as the Men in Black. Honest - a bloke down the shop told me.
  • Options
    Im sure Karim was referring to the Palace helmets dressed all in black!
  • Options
    The only thing they were going to batter was "the bishop" when they got back to their mums
  • Options
    DA1 said:

DA1 said:

No they are going to batter the fuck out of some of the opposition in numbers and with hoods up or even without it is hard to prove who is who on black and white CCTV. Hence Man Us firm being known as the Men in Black. Honest - a bloke down the shop told me.
    i did mean the palace lot.

still, at least i now know if anyone dresses like they have been invited to a P Diddy party, its best to steer well clear.
  • Options
    doh!

I getcha
  • Options
    cardigans and sandals, not good
  • Options
    speedos look silly at football
  • Options

And lesbians
    Always good for a laugh ay Dave.
  • Options

speedos look silly at football

Would have been ok for Warsaw on Tuesday.