Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ian Holloways rant on the racism in Serbia...

2»

Comments

• NWKAer said:

Top man. Heard his speech to the prawn sandwich brigade before our game against Blackpool - only manager to do this regularly I believe - the bloke will make a mint as an after dinner/motivational speaker if he ever leaves the game.

That would be an after dinner mint....
  • Holloway's f***ing brilliant isn't he? No stupid soundbites, no cliches, no over the top ravings - just good, honest dialogue, spoken from the heart. I love the bloke - he's truly a one-off. That speech makes me proud to be British.
  • NWKAer said:

Top man. Heard his speech to the prawn sandwich brigade before our game against Blackpool - only manager to do this regularly I believe - the bloke will make a mint as an after dinner/motivational speaker if he ever leaves the game.

That would be quality.
  • edited October 2012
    The Seasiders have been my No2 side for years and Holloway is the next greatest after Mr Powell in my eyes. I think he's ace, a real refreshing face in an increasingly personality free game. He is absolutely right too!
  • Love him.
    If the worst were to happen I'd like him as replacement.
  • My wife always says he reminds her of a creature comfort. Wonder what animal he would be.

Top bloke.
  • Genuinely amazing stuff, I'm glad I took the time to listen to that.
    Well done to whoever put it onto youtube.
  • Good God Almighty, how much passion does he have on the subject! Top man.
  • wow. What a brilliant speech. You have got to like that man immensely.
  • He said what I'm sure most people were thinking on this subject. That shouldn't be a compliment, but these days is is. So refreshing.
  • Sponsored links:

• johnny73 said:

brilliant. I'm not sure Alan Bennett could have written a better monologue. Unfortunately I think Holloway (and the rest of us) are going to find out that the world is a sad place.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Somebody you always want to listen too. A bit like Brian Clough in that respect.
  • More or less everything he says is right - but man, that is some rant if he came out with it all in one go.

Or were there questions interspersed in there that have been edited out?
  • I think it was just one rant actually, though I'm not sure, he was like a man possessed! Morally bang on with everything he said though.
  • Hopefully he was just talking to himself in the street and someone recorded it.