Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goals at home.

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
Perhaps confirming something we already knew, however I decided I would take a look at the league table before tonight's game at Leeds and re-order it based upon goals for and against:

Home goals conceded: 6 (8th/9th position, level with Watford)
Away goals conceded: 7 (7th/8th position, level with Palace)

Goals conceded overall: 13 (6th position)

Home goals scored: 4 (22nd/23rd position, level with Barnsley)
Away goals scored: 8 (8th/9th/10th position, level with Leicester and Burnley)

Goals scored overall: 12 (21st position)

What I didn't realise is that away from home, our goals scored record stands up as an equal to our goal concession record (around 8th position). The real problem is finding goals at home, even two extra goals could've turned one point from two games into four and have us in midtable.

Comments

• Options
    we have had a couple disallowed that should have stood, but I agree home goals is severely lacking this season so far, and setting up 451 at home doesn't help matters
  • Options
    Yes it is a bit of a concern in a way. Cant find the back of the net at home for some reason. Good in all other areas though. Missing Kermorgant more than we realised perhaps?
  • Options
    I do a better job than those silly statistics websites. :-)
  • Options

I do a better job than those silly statistics websites. :-)

Quality, nice stats too. tis interesting. Need to attack more, create more and score at home simples
  • Options
    Well losing kermo and now fuller is only gonna add to that problem, also stepping up to scoring against championship defenders is not easy as Kreme and BWP were and will continue to find... It's gonna be tough but I reckon Powell will clock it and we will stay up ..
  • Options
    For me it's all about the midfield getting forward to support the forward(s).

Unless Jackson plays in the middle or we are chasing the game late on, Stephens & Hollands just do not get in the box enough.

Quite often we break but end up with just one or maybe two in goal scoring positions, so not enough options for a cross.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Well losing kermo and now fuller is only gonna add to that problem, also stepping up to scoring against championship defenders is not easy as Kreme and BWP were and will continue to find... It's gonna be tough but I reckon Powell will clock it and we will stay up ..

Who he? ;)