Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

is it just me...

or do we always seem to been one of the last results to come in when watching sky sports news especially when we are holding on to a lead/ draw.

Comments

• Options
    Without fail every match at the valley kicks off at least 3 minutes late. Shocking organisation - can only assume clock in officials room is 3 minutes slow!
  • Options
    not sure we were holding on last night mate... I didn't want the game to end listening on bbc london
  • Options
    Remember last seasons game at Brentford....didn't finish till 5.10pm, but agree we generally do seem to finish later then most....another point why do Scottish games finish earlier?
  • Options
    Yes, checking the score on the BBC website it was hard to understand (looking at the amounts of extra time played) why our game seemed to finish so much latter than all but one of the Championship games, and a long time after the Man U game on TV.
  • Options
    Don't the Scottish lower leagues only have 10 minutes for half time instead of 15? I always assumed that was why they finished earlier.

• Options
    Correct Chris. We do always seem to be one of the last results in, home or away. Tonbridge Angels are the same.
  • Options
    I was watching the scores on my phone last night and ours and Blackpool were the last two in the champ, by some distance - seems to always be the case.
  • Options
    Was thinking this last night. I actually wondered if it was an 8 o'clock kick off.
  • Options

I was watching the scores on my phone last night and ours and Blackpool were the last two in the champ, by some distance - seems to always be the case.

And Blackpool v Forest finished after our match.

• Options
    Blackpool was an 8 o'clock ko.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah!
  • Options
    Must be down to us then - perhaps we take longer to drink the h/t cuppa?
  • Options

another point why do Scottish games finish earlier?

So they can get to the pub eariler. Happy hour finishes at 6 on a saturday in Scotland.
  • Options
    Watching SSN and last night's first half lasted a full six minutes longer than the next latest 7.45 ko leading me to be convinced that there must have been a serious injury to someone during the first half. So maybe someone can make sense of why that was the case?

Also I seem to remember Zigic at Birmingham equalising in the 96th minute? Was there really that much time to be added on?
  • Options
    I think the linesman broke his flag last night, hence the delay
  • Options

Watching SSN and last night's first half lasted a full six minutes longer than the next latest 7.45 ko leading me to be convinced that there must have been a serious injury to someone during the first half. So maybe someone can make sense of why that was the case?

Also I seem to remember Zigic at Birmingham equalising in the 96th minute? Was there really that much time to be added on?

Stephens was injured in warmup, so delay probably happened while they sorted Pritchard out
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I left work just before 8 and turned the car radio on to hear them say 7 minutes gone.

I'd estimate from that that the game kicked off no earlier than 7:50 and probably nearer 7:55.

Perhaps somebody who was there can tell us.
  • Options
    Not only are our tickets one of the cheapest around the matches also last longer! People are definitely getting their money's worth
  • Options
    We've had Fergie time for years, is this Chrissy time? If so, didn't work at St Andrews....