Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - Peter Reeves interview

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
Peter Reeves will be joining us for a chat before the Boro game, any questions for Peter?

Comments

• Options
    Ask him if he's still bowling.

Used to bowl with my Dad , nice fella.
  • Options
    How far do you think you could have gone but for that damned injury?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Eltham lad, if I remember.

His Mum and Dad used to regularly travel on the away coach with us.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Ask him if he's still bowling.

Used to bowl with my Dad , nice fella.

He also bowled with my ex father in law Dave Banfield, also had the pleasure of meeting him whilst on holiday in Ibiza. Had a few games of pool, he was good at that as well!!
    Yes nice bloke.
  • Options
    Ask him if he remembers coaching Sutcliffe Park FC in about 1967. The little kid with dark hair was me!
  • Options
    Ask him if Rodney Marsh is still in his pocket !
  • Options
    Does he still come to games regularly?
  • Options
    Why did that excellent 68/69 side fall apart the following season?
    What was Eddie Firmani like as a manager?
  • Options
    Excellent questions, @Six-a-bag.
  • Options
    He is in this Saturday, its your last chance to get a question in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peter did a bit of coaching at Eltham Green for a while when I was in the 6th form so that would be around 1971-72 and recall he was a great bloke and a real gent. I also have to say he was a reaslly good player for CAFC.
  • Options
    If he looks at the modern game, is there a player that reminds him of himself back in his playing days? Similar style etc.
  • Options
    Would he be interested in co commontating on the Charlton Player for away games.
  • Options
    Peter and I lived a few doors apart in Keynsham Gardens when growing up in Eltham. If I remember correctly, he and his brother, Johnny, both went to Eltham Green School. When he joined Charlton, my late Dad forgave him for all the nights that he had spent kicking a ball about on the grassed area outside our house and really enjoyed Peter's many memorable encounters with Rodney Marsh. At the end of his playing career Peter worked for what today is the equivalent of British Gas and lived with his wife in Commonwealth Way, Abbey Wood. He subsequently moved to Spain and some 10 years ago, I met him again at the Altoreal Golf Club in Murcia and helped him to win a long-standing bet with another member by confirming that he had Captained the England Youth Team against Wales at Southampton. He still owes me a drink for that one and I hope that we will be able to renew our acquaintance when he visits the Valley tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi Peter... Hope you see this. It has been so long... George Gibbs here... I found this site and joined... Do you remember the night of your testimonal at the reception at the club in '74? I was with the two American girls... I loved playing for you at Dartford, we won promotion that year you managed and for the short time I knew you, you are a class person. Hope you are well, these days I live in the States in Up state New York. I am on face book so drop me a line... Great days, I watched you play for Charlton as a lad and you were so tough, fast tenatious defender. You would had gone to the top had it not been for your career ending injury. Hope my note finds you mate.... George Gibbs
  • Options
    Ask him how his bowling is these days. Met Peter a few times as he my dad played bowls as well . Nice bloke.