Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub for Wolves

People, sorry if this has been asked. What are the best pubs to go to at Wolves this weekend, many people staying up there?

Comments

• Options
    Didn't know wolves drank in boozers!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Walkabout and few of us staying in brum
  • Options
    As far from the ground as possible
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Any that have a sign "Dogs Allowed"
  • Options
    Try the Wanderer, nice barmaids and if your not in colours not a problem for away fans...helps if you can fake a west country accent to.
  • Options
    Why a West Country accent?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, if you can perfect a Wolverhampton accent all the better......ooops i should of said BLACK Country accent.
  • Options
    I've read that the walkabout is a away fans boozer, suits me just fine, might grab myself a sheila there!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Quoting Hastingsaddick "Well, if you can perfect a Wolverhampton accent all the better......ooops i should of said BLACK Country accent".

Keep practising, "Kipper Tie, Kipper Tie, Kipper Tie"
  • Options
    Try Great Western round back of station, superb beer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yep, that's where I shall be going.
  • Options
    by all accounts I have heard its quite rough up there and not the best place to drink. Im staying the night too. Fingers crossed its not too bad
  • Options
    robroy said:

by all accounts I have heard its quite rough up there and not the best place to drink. Im staying the night too. Fingers crossed its not too bad

Their firm was called The Subway Army, this still maybe the case, not to sure, when you walk from the train station to the ground you have to go under a number of main roads, through subways, these wern't the safest of places to be for an away fan, though things are much better now.
  • Options
    robroy said:

It feels like you have gone to the 1970's when you go there. Don't expect trouble at the game, however a night out may be lively. If you have not booked your hotel, just go to Birmingham instead and have a decent night out.
  • Options
    staying in the centre, after the game straight to the horses. better night out than brum.
  • Options
    Staying at a hotel with my parents and the GF. Fingers crossed we should be ok. Just the gents going to the game.
  • Options
    Couldn't bare a night out in wolves, Birmingham it is
  • Options

staying in the centre, after the game straight to the horses. better night out than brum.

Canal area is pretty good in Brum....well it was when I was last up there (4-5 years ago).
  • Options
    staying in the premier inn, behind the train station. I stay in wolves at least once a month, they have a great sense of humour and hate the brummies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I work in Wolves, bit of a crap hole in the town centre but their fans are not like the old days unless they play WBA then all hell breaks loose. Nothing to fear these days, everyone will be ok unless u start mouthing off. Going with my brother in law who is wolves season tider but got me away ticket t of course.
  • Options
    where do you work jayajosh? i worin bilston 2/3 days a month.
  • Options
    George street, just off snow hill opposite SCS and pc world.
  • Options
    i also work in house of fraser corporation street.
  • Options
    Sorry welshA I was not ignoring u, I just got home. I work fora law firm, fbc. R u going tomorrow?
  • Options
    i be there tommorow cant wait my first game of the season i take it everyone will be in walkabout atb tony
  • Options
    yes, arriving by train about 1.15 drop bag at hotel and straight to the pub.
  • Options
    What pub people???
  • Options

Yep, that's where I shall be going.
    Great Western was excellent (heads up for next season :-)