Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC 4 - MCFC 0 (AUG 19, 2000)

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
here is a nice vid i stumbled across on youtube today ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slxSuZ9C1Sg

Lisbie should have had 3 goals but came away with none.
Weaver surely had a howler that day as well (dont know why he tried to foot save at robbos goal)
SCP showing his pace up and down that left wing

Comments

• Wow, thanks for that.
    It was the only home game I missed that year as I was at the V festival. I've never seen this footage. Top quality stuff.
    I remember the abuse we used to give Weaver, who would have thought he would have ended up at the Valley.
  • Mmm. We weren't bad really.
  • I loved this team so much! After the last game of the Div 1 winning season, as an 11 year old, my dad warned me that "Next season might not be as fun as this one son, I don't want you to expect Charlton to win every week because it will be a lot tougher!"..... After this game I was sure my Dad clearly had no idea what he was on about!!
  • i missed this as i was at a Palace supporting friends wedding!!
  • Hunt in for an England shout if this was current day?
  • oh happy days - what a great team we had then & what a midfield..........Kins,Jensen, Stuart & Robbo !!
  • Loved that side. Loved that Covered End. Loved that Captain.
  • Kins finish pure class and finesse
  • A lovely fluidity to the forward line with Lisbie in there. Fantastic first time ball to Kins for the last goal.
  • What a great day that was. What a team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved that team/squad so much
  • 'He surely should have scored' - The Kevin Lisbie story
  • Happy days indeed.
  • Summed it up for me with your two posts, Paulsturgess. Great day, classy team.
  • 33/1 that day 4-0 :)
  • Kinsella and Stuart in midfield.................how we could do with them now eh!
  • Thanks for posting. What wonderful memories - just makes you remember that glorious 2 or 3 year spell when you went to the Valley feeling that Charlton really were on the brink of something special.

And what a squad of players. Kiely, Powell, Rufus, Kinsella, Stuart to name but a few. Sadly, given the way finance now dominates football, I wonder if we will ever see so many wonderful players at the Valley again at the same time?
  • It's a pity that Lisbie wasn't playing for the Addicks when they took part in Soccer AM's Crossbar Challenge, we would have got the highest score ever!