Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton U21 v Brighton U21

Anyone heading to The Valley tomorrow? How many roughly will turn up for this, I haven't been to an U21 or reserve fixture before, I could only imagine it's very similar to a JPT fixture?

Comments

• Options
    Its pretty similar to a 1st team fixture apart from most of the players are under 21
  • Options
    If you do go my mate Steve is one of the linesman oh he's also MIllwall GET HIM! ;-)
  • Options
    I shall be there.
  • Options
    As its half term I'd expect 400-500.
  • Options
    Wish I was there. Working.
  • Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/51286/u21s-v-brighton-at-the-valley-tomorrow#latest

I had already started a discussion on this with prices etc - follow above link.

Would be good to get as many as possible there to get behind the lads, especially as its half term

• Options
    Charlton: Button, Cousins, Taylor, Osborne, Fox, Jordan, Harris, Bover Izquierdo, Cook, Harriott, Wright-Phillips.

Subs: Pope, Smith, Azeez, Pigott, Ashton
  • Options
    Strong BHA side. Sparrow, lualua, calderon, oatwat
  • Options
    Group of lads giving some vocal support.

• Options
    What formation are we playing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great save from Button and then close range block after slack marking from a BHA corner.

Albion looking more likely but little in it after 15
  • Options
    Just seen there is live in play betting on this fixture at bet365!!

Who on earth would want to bet on that?!
  • Options

I bet you it is someone who likes a gamble.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Best games to bet on are the ones you might know a bit more about than the bookies.
  • Options
    Brilliant double save from Button. Long range deflected shot and close range follow up both well dealt with.

The lad Taylor at the back is very vocal. Could be a prospect!
  • Options

Oohaah is proabably lumping on Brighton as we speak.
  • Options
    Nil all at HT

Poyet snr and Jnr chatting in the Dir Box.
  • Options
    CP and the rest of the coaches have arrived but have opted to shum the Directors box for thhe north end of the west lower.

Yes, it is really not that great a game. About 300 here according to my source. : - )
  • Options
    Attendance as 259.
  • Options
    Attendance was 259.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plus about 40 comps : i- )
  • Options
    According to the stats we haven't had a shot on target yet
  • Options
    Smith with a bit of a hulse. Heads wide from close range with 3 mins to go.
  • Options
    Totally outsinging the away support now.
  • Options
    Enjoyed being at the Valley for an afternoon fixture. Reminded me of watching the Reserves in the London Midweek League during the school hols all those years ago.

As with the first team at Wolves, Charlton got off to a shaky start, but got better as the game progressed. Button stood out in the first half with an excellent double save. Harriott showed plenty of energy & enthusiasm throughout and came closest to scoring with a 25-yarder against the post. Azeez & Smith both came off the bench and impressed, although they are still probably 6-12 months away from first team action. Smith should have hit the target late on with a header, when guilty of not heading back across goal instead of aiming low inside the back post and wide.

Surprised this game wasn't publicised more in the Barnsley programme, as it's kids half-term.
  • Options
    think the club missed a trick today by advertising it so late on the website, especially with half term could've probably doubled, trebled attendance numbers with a bit more notice. That said thank god for the Charlton hard core and drum, great support provided by them in a game that was average at best. I thought we cancelled out a fairly strong BHA squad although Button certainly made a couple of crucial saves, early on in the game, thought we could have made more of the play through the midfield and more of the crosses across the Brighton goal area.

One for your diary, the next match like this will be U21s CAFC v Barnet April 1st !!!! scheduled ko 1.00pm
  • Options
    Great saves from Button, Harriott unlucky with curling longshot in last minutes, some impressive defending but poor attacking. BWP not best bet as lone striker. Bloomin' drum noise got on my nerves. Steward has a go a a guy for drinking from can, but takes no action on drumming pest!
  • Options
    How was the linesman?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    chilham said:

Great saves from Button, Harriott unlucky with curling longshot in last minutes, some impressive defending but poor attacking. BWP not best bet as lone striker. Bloomin' drum noise got on my nerves. Steward has a go a a guy for drinking from can, but takes no action on drumming pest!</</b>blockquote>

With you on this.

• Options
    I thought we were very poor yesterday.Brighton were the better side,good movement and passing from them.How they weren't two or three goals up in the first half was down to Button who made some good saves.Midfield was outplayed,BWP was isolated with very little service.Harriott continues to frustrate but he had a great effort near the end that hit the post.Taylor and Osbourne were solid in defence.My mate was saying afterwards that it was like watching the first team,and it was.

Player marks:

Button 7
    Cousins 6
    Taylor 8
    Osbourne 7
    Fox 6
    Harris 5
    Jordan 5
    Bover 5
    Cook 6
    Harriott 6
    BWP 5

Subs Azeez 7 (for BWP looked lively and his pace worried Brighton) Smith (for Cook)