Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All the Best to our American Friends/Family

2»

Comments

• Options
    Can't help having good timing
  • Options
    i wonder if that guy knows he left his car lights on.

sorry. looks terrible, where was that taken?
  • Options
    Worst of hurricane is over, 9" of rain so far, 90mph winds got pretty scary for a few hours, my power is back on but I'm one of the lucky ones. A foot of snow in Western Maryland with 6" more coming, very unusual from a tropical storm. Lots of flooded roads. Some of the beach towns have some bad damage, beaches, piers and boardwalks washed away. Airports will take a few days to open back up I'm sure, as will most businesses. Feeling very lucky though, and appreciate everybodys good wishes.
  • Options

Thoughts and prayers with America.

Seconded.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Kap10 said:

My sister was supposed to be flying out tomorrow to see her son, Charlton supporter Liam Lane, so our fingers are crossed that it passes quickly with minimum damage

Don't think there'll be any flights to the East Coast, most of the airports are closed.
    Tonights flight postponed till tomorrow now
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    First New Orleans, then New York/New Jersey .. how long before Los Angeles 'tumbles into the sea' in the immortal words of Steely Dan
  • Options
    Best wishes to all our US posters this is described as a "Perfect Storm" a tropical hurricane meeting an Arctic Storm hence the snow and low temperatures. Apparently the New York subway is completely flooded but I bet it's back in action in no time when they put their mind to it the Americans can get things donw, which made the New Orleans event even more amazing
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Worst of hurricane is over, 9" of rain so far, 90mph winds got pretty scary for a few hours, my power is back on but I'm one of the lucky ones. A foot of snow in Western Maryland with 6" more coming, very unusual from a tropical storm. Lots of flooded roads. Some of the beach towns have some bad damage, beaches, piers and boardwalks washed away. Airports will take a few days to open back up I'm sure, as will most businesses. Feeling very lucky though, and appreciate everybodys good wishes.

Glad you are okay Limey.