Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Draws don't help much in the Championship

2»

Comments

• Options
    Agree that 3 points are better than 2 but also the argument was weakened by the two 5 nil losses etc (-10 in goal difference is like losing a point). But I also think after a run of draws it's the next result that's important. If you're down the bottom like us, the longer you go without a win, the more pressure builds.
  • Options
    From a selfish point of view, I wouldn't have been happy having a day off work and going up to Leeds and watch us lose 5-0, where as I had a great day out watching us draw and very nearly beating a team that most of us thought we had no chance against.
  • Options
    After one 5 nil loss players get dropped, everyone gets a kick up the backside by the manager etc. After two 5 nil losses you would start to feel like the wheels are coming off and the managers days are numbered.
  • Options
    Splodge said:

As much as Leeds and Wolves away are good points, the thing is, it would be better to have beaten Barnsley 1-0 and lose 5-0 at Leeds and 5-0 at Wolves. It#s wins that really count. Hopefully we'll build on the draws and get a couple of wins from the next few games. Of the 6 games in November, considering 4 are at home and the away games are winnable ones, we should be aiming for 3 victories at least.

It's such an unforgiving league and with everyone beating each other, we have to keep our wins tally as high as possible.

I thought we were good in the seocnd half at Wolves. If Hulse was the player he was a few years ago we'd have won. Of the 4 decent chances he had in the 2nd half, I wouldn't mind betting that Fuller, in the same positions, would have scored 3 of them, Yann 2 and BWP 1.

We seem to play better without Green and Stephens

• Options
    Might have to get use to it as bigger clubs will come in for them next season . Be careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    If Portsmouth had drawn 45 and won 1 last season, they would still be in this division.

Conceding 8 goals and winning one game might be more points, but how would that have affected the players' confidence for future games?

This thread is wrong. Mathematically, theoretically, logically, just wrong.