Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading v Arsenal

Comments

• Options
    7 -5 ...........goodnight !!
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a game with 12 goals before !
  • Options
    reminds me of our great cup comebacks
  • Options

you obviously weren't at The Valley when we beat Huddersfield 7-6..............everyone else was !! :)

• Options

you obviously weren't at The Valley when we beat Huddersfield 7-6..............everyone else was !! :)

Ha, the wife just said the same !

• Options
    Reading don't seem to have learnt much from five years ago when they lost 7-4 to Portsmouth and 6-4 to Spurs.
  • Options

that was a game with 13 goals not 12 goals.....

• Options
    If you want to go down the pedantic route my friend then you would have seen 12 goals at that game. Plus a 13th :-)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

that was a game with 13 goals not 12 goals.....

He obviously wasn't there for the 6-6 with Middlesborough then.
  • Options
    Parkinson takes Bradford to the 5th round
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Can anyone remember the score over two legs/games in the League Cup against Wimbledon? Around the time Bowyer came on the scene. Vinny Jones applauded the Covered End at the end of the Valley game (2nd leg or replay, can't remember)

Won 5-4 at Selhurst. Bowyer hattrick.
    Drew 3-3 at The Valley.

• Options
    Will this mean Walcott will suddenly become 'a world class striker' again, only to be shit for another 18 months?
  • Options
    JT said:

Parkinson takes Bradford to the 5th round

Chuffed for him about that.

• Options
    Cue arsenal fans taking about the greatest comeback of all time.

Not quite chaps, not quite.
  • Options
    its a shit game
  • Options
    All walcotts goal came in time added on, that must be a first 45+2, 90+6, 120+1 (nicked from BBC report!)
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Can anyone remember the score over two legs/games in the League Cup against Wimbledon? Around the time Bowyer came on the scene. Vinny Jones applauded the Covered End at the end of the Valley game (2nd leg or replay, can't remember)

Won 5-4 at Selhurst. Bowyer hattrick.
    Drew 3-3 at The Valley.

That was it. Cheers
  • Options
    Surely it was Jenkinson's goal (Theo actually gave it to him post-game), the ref never awarded it until Jenks fired it in? Doesn't matter what the TV says.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    From what I saw on SSN's late last night they said the match officials gave the goal to theo and that's what I thought they did at the time cos the whistle was double quick after jenkinsons shot but the commentators are a bit deaf and slow ....so officially Walcotts goal according to sky last night

Parky(lovely bloke) and Bradford make the 1/4 finals (?)the first time a 4th tier side have since Wycombe reached that far and Wycombe got to the semis that year thanks to Uncle Les(another lovely bloke) ending Dowie and Charltons best League Cup run ever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have to give that goal to Jenkinson. The linesman didn't give the goal when Theo's shot crossed the line, and they can't retrospectively give the goal or it'll open a can of worms. It might not seem important seeing as Jenks put in the rebound and Arsenal won but it would set a precedent where there's no reason not to give a goal that crossed the line regardless of whether or not the ref called it. Plus Jenkinson can have his first goal in football
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    haha hows varney missed that?!

oh cos he's shite
  • Options
    edited October 2012

tis a loverly game sometimes

Not when your other half is a Royal :-(

• Options

haha hows varney missed that?!

oh cos he's shite

no hes one of them non scoring strikers a bit like hulse (only kidding , well just a little bit)

• Options
    edited October 2012

You're obviously not old enough to remember the Metropolitian League fixture when Charlton drew 6-6 with Snowdown Colliery at The Valley. (There's a nagging doubt that it was another team, but I am 80% confident). I think the lead changed hands five times.

• Options

its a shit game

There's a good match report in the guardian mate.
  • Options

what really bothered me was the arsenal fans. Throughout the game chanting that reading were going down. Easy for them to sing, they choose to support a team that have never (really) experienced that, well done you.

Then they have a chant when they went 4-0 down "we want our arsenal back". I remember when we sang it when we were heading for relagation again after a yet another complete inept performance...that’s when you fu*king sing it. Not when you’re losing to another prem team where you’re playing your reserves in the worthless cup.
    You can imagine in years to come if they lost something like 7-0 then their fans would be talking about it as the dark old days. "cor, were you there for that drumming by reading?" "yeah. These kids nowadays who support us don’t know how lucky they are not to live through that...dark times indeed." bunch of cu*ts!
  • Options
    Thanks DM i look out for it in there i was to busy reading about the BLawyers Society and Obama is God to get to the sports section of the Gaurdian
  • Options
    look on the bright side and think of all the Arsenal fans who left at half-time (or earlier)
  • Options
    The goal has been given to Walcott.