Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A horrible question

Comments

• Options
    Good thank you D, gonna be around to annoy people for years to come...
  • Options
    Good news mate, really good news. All the best.
  • Options
    Ta bud, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

I wouldnt want to play football full stop, cant think of a job I'd dislike more. Now tennis on the other hand.

You dislike football?
    No, I love football...just no desire to kick a ball myself.

But you don't go to watch it?
    Of course I watch it lol.

• Options
    Best news all day, 1 less of us to worry about:)
  • Options
    Well fair enough I suppose. A 100% yes from everyone. I'm obviously a bit odd then. If i was gana do it I'd be out on the piss every night, spending money like it means nothing, turning up late to training... and just being a bit of an arse.
  • Options
    Yes. But I'd mysteriously have a shocker two games a season.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

*like*

• Options
    se9addick said:

This :)
  • Options
    Would do it for 500 a week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playing for palarse for 5 years and earning a life changing sum of money has the edge on what I do 5 days a week.
    It would be nice to be loved and adored by some of thier fans but even better to let them know that its only the money and only job you have to do to pay the bills like all ordinary people.
  • Options
    I'd do it just to be 20 again.
  • Options
    there's not alot I wouldn't do for £5k a week!
  • Options
    ....and who would take a dive to win a penalty, knock the penalty home and pick up another £5K for that £5K per goal bonus?
  • Options

I must need my head testing , as there are some things in life that are wrong , regardless of how much money Palace were paying, just unthinkable wearing those pyjama's.

Bit like the bloke in the garage this morning trying to flog me a Euro Millions ticket , i said what do i want to win for? it'd only ruin me.

Good to see a few people on here have principles!
  • Options
    id do it for free
  • Options
    Of course I would.
  • Options
    For 5k a week id get an eagle tattoo covering my whole back, 10k a week will get you 'ULTRAS' on my johnson.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Be honest...

If offered the chance as a 20 year old, would you be a late-ish professional footballer... But start your career playing for palace... and it's fixed for the next 5 years. Its a 5 year contract and no one wants to sign you during that period. You start off earning 5k a week, then eventually rises to 10k a week on the 3rd year (I don't know why). The Palace fans love you are on the teamsheet against Charlton twice a year. You play as a forward.

It's a particulary strange scenario, but, would do it?

I personally would be tempted for the cash... But still, I would not live that scenario. No deal.

Yup, but I would get a Charlton tat. And would try my hardest when playing charlton because they failed to sign me.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Kap10 said:

Dave2l said:

would try my hardest when playing charlton because they failed to sign me.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds a bit like Gavin Peacock
  • Options
    How many of the current squad support cafc?

I'd do it to the best of my ability even against cafc and I'd expect anyone who plays for us to have the same attitude. It wouldn't even be about the money. It's pride. You're paid to do a job so do it well!
  • Options
    of course. couple chances a season to not even attempt to score a goal against charlton and basically hand us 6 points against palace. would snap up the chance to get paid to go undercover.
  • Options
    I do it, give it my all for five years, and become a fan favourite in the process...

...all with the planned pay-off being an Adebayor style celebration when I left and got my first goal against them.

But no way am I turning down the chance to be 20 again.
  • Options
    Am doing a job now I don't really enjoy for a damn site less than that. So £5k per week for a job that isn't 100% perfect would be a no brainer.

Thinking about it, being 20 again but in this day and age I could be in trouble. Glad no phones around taking photos when I was 20.
  • Options
    I think the majority of people on here have a conscience and a sense of loyalty to their families and friends, so in saying you would throw a game against the team you support is only easy to say in a removed way. However passionate you were about CAFC I think it would be almost impossible to live with oneself if you even attempted to throw a match. You may not like the club you play for, but to let your team mates down is akin to being a deserter in the army. Maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned.
  • Options

I think the majority of people on here have a conscience and a sense of loyalty to their families and friends, so in saying you would throw a game against the team you support is only easy to say in a removed way. However passionate you were about CAFC I think it would be almost impossible to live with oneself if you even attempted to throw a match. You may not like the club you play for, but to let your team mates down is akin to being a deserter in the army. Maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned.

yep, just ask Super Clive

• Options
    Id eat my own shit for £10k a week
  • Options
    DA1 said:

Id eat my own shit for £10k a week

Deary me, thats a bit strong isn't it?