Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

madame tussauds

Planning on going tomorrow.My boy's been on at me about going for ages. Is it still any good? How long will I have to Q up for tickets?

Comments

• Options
    Went roughly this time last year and got in very quickly.
  • Options
    Oh and the Marvel bit was really good if that's still there.
  • Options
    Never been. Prices have always put me off.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Gotta be done Beds take in the Planetarium as well if that is still going.
  • Options
    "In 2006 the Planetarium was rebranded and renamed the Star Dome. The Star Dome is part of the Madame Tussauds attraction and is included in the ticket price. Please note that we no longer show astronomy-based shows"
  • Options
    I went there a few years ago and for six blaaaaady hours I cued! It was only then that I realised I weren't in the cue at all, I was in the foyer! I thought it was a bit weird that Prince Charles, Michael Jackson and Ken Dodd all decided to go on the same day as me, especially as Wacko had died the month before! Ffs
  • Options
    ......blinding day out though!
  • Options

Got a 2 for 1 which I think are pretty easy to get ya nibs on.

Ta all.

• Options
    Off_it said:

"In 2006 the Planetarium was rebranded and renamed the Star Dome. The Star Dome is part of the Madame Tussauds attraction and is included in the ticket price. Please note that we no longer show astronomy-based shows"

What do they show, cartoons I suppose? Harry and Amelia not able to concentrate on anything else for more than three minutes I presume... such a shame.
  • Options
    Went there in the summer thanks to Tesco Clubcard.

Excellent three hours - no queueing went straight in. Everything from the old to the new. Done really well with Music, Films, Politicians, etc sections, though did struggle to recognise some of the newer stars.

Didn't realise Bob Marley was so short.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Went there in the summer thanks to Tesco Clubcard.

Excellent three hours - no queueing went straight in. Everything from the old to the new. Done really well with Music, Films, Politicians, etc sections, though did struggle to recognise some of the newer stars.

Didn't realise Bob Marley was so short.

He ain't, they just ran out of wax!
  • Options
    There is a shop just west of Baker Street that sells discounted tickets
  • Options
    I work opposite Tussauds and there's huge queues outside it for most of the day, particularly after 10am. Get there as early as you can
  • Options
    think the queues are people who have not pre bought tickets
  • Options
    DON'T DO IT. Me and my family went today, and queued for 3 hours, when we were told it was only a 2 hour queue. They only had one person on the till, so that there wasn't as much congestion inside, but it wasn't as busy inside as I expected. We were herded like sheep for the Marvel 4D film. Really bad experience. To be fair, the waxworks are very good.
  • Options
    I went Tuesday and can confirm the same, 3 hr queue.
  • Options
    Guess half term must triple the queue.
  • Options
    That's five hours I'll never get back!!

;-)
  • Options
    Don't take a Child who needs a buggy as you can't take it in and you don't find that out until you have qd for ages
  • Options

Don't take a Child who needs a buggy as you can't take it in and you don't find that out until you have qd for ages

Why would you take a child that is too young to walk to an attraction like this though? With respect, appears to be too young to appreciate it to a non breeder, like me, mate?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    She was 2 at the time mate it was half term had a 10 yr old who wanted to go no other child care available thought I could push her around in there whilst my son enjoyed it
  • Options
    edited November 2012

She was 2 at the time mate it was half term had a 10 yr old who wanted to go no other child care available thought I could push her around in there whilst my son enjoyed it

Saw a few like that yesterday mate.Nightmare. managed to leave my littlun at home. He's fine left to his own devices ;-)

For all my moaning my six yr old boy absolutely loved it and I managed to get my Hands on beyonces ass .so not a bad day!

• Options
    It was the fact we qd for atleast an hr with not one sign or mention of the fact u cant take a buggy through

The whole thing wouldve taken atleast a couple of hrs to walk through

Went to rippleys instead after going in to an internet cafe and printing off sone discount vouchers

Well worth a visit
  • Options

Ah, I see the problem...

• Options
    edited November 2012

Ah, I see the problem...

Ha ha!

He could've just left the little one at home I spose.
    :-)