Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kindle Fire HD vs iPad mini

Which should I purchase and why?

Comments

• If you want to connect it to the tv without buying expensive bits or copy your content back and forth to a PC then Kindle. If you want a little apple on the back then iPad. I'm not an anti apple sit, own an iPad and iPod bit the drawbacks are there to see
  • How long until KHA enters here?
  • I would choose the Kindle Fire HD out of the two, I have used both and though the ipad mini is slightly better in terms of the app choice and the layout, the difference anywhere else is negligible, so it all comes down to whether you want to pay the extra notes for a logo, as Mortimerician says
  • sam3110 said:

I would choose the Kindle Fire HD out of the two, I have used both and though the ipad mini is slightly better in terms of the app choice and the layout, the difference anywhere else is negligible, so it all comes down to whether you want to pay the extra notes for a logo, as Mortimerician says

Ta kindle fire it is then.
  • edited November 2012
    Funnily enough i've just bought a tablet this week after conducting a fair bit of time investigating between the `big' 3 that have been released these last couple of weeks. The 3 being the Kindle Fire HD (32GB), Nexus 7 (32GB) and the iPad Mini (32GB).

First point against the iPad was the price. A whopping great £350 compared with £200 each for the others.....thats a hell of a lot of `badge' you're buying there...and even if all 3 were similarly priced there was only one winner for me, and quite a clear winner as well, the Nexus 7 hands down.

I purchased mine at the start of the week and absolutely love it. It's a real quality piece of kit. The clarity of the screen by itself is simply amazing. You wouldn't believe a screen that small could look so good.
    You kinda expect the odd thing to not quite work yet/services not yet available etc with any of these new tech devices but I honestly haven't found anything wrong/not functioning properly. Even little tweaks to the set up i've made have been so easy to find `how to' on the net and implement with no hassle. Also the link up with `Google Play' Android app store can't be ignored. Whatever you could want is gonna be in there, no problem.

As for the guys here tipping the Fire HD, i'd point you towards the devices parent company site Amazon and take a butchers at the customer reviews. An alarming number of people absolutely rinsing it tbh. I dare say a fair few of the teething problems could possibly be ironed out with future software patches but still....looks like it was a bit of a rushed launch job to me. Not what you want when you've just shelled out 200 notes of ya hard earned.
  • Just bought a kindle fire for the other halfs birthday, just getting used to it