Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clowns to the Left of me, Jokers to the right...

I read a article written by Sebastian Coe on England's World cup bid failure. It made for an Interesting read. This is a man who has been successful in bringing the Olympic games to the UK so he knows how to present a bid.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/31/3492048/sebastian-coe-slams-englands-failed-world-cup-2018-bid?source=breakingnews

Comments

• Options
    coes a posh boy twat
  • Options
    dartonion said:

coes a posh boy twat

Credit where credit's due! Ffs!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Kap10 said:

Always preferred Ovett to Coe but Coe deserves all the accolades. The only problem is every time I think of Coe I have this image of William Hague on his shoulders in his underpants.

• Options
    Can't see what his upbringing and/or political persuasions has got to do with the success he and his team had both getting The Games, the then brilliantly staging them!
  • Options
    dartonion said:

coes a posh boy twat

Ridiculous statement. He delivered arguably the best Olympic Games ever. He also went to state comprehensive schools, though someone's background is totally irrelevant; what they do with their life is far more important.
  • Options
    You have to remember though that dartonion said the same about cricket.
    He's obviously lower class & proud :-)
  • Options
    It's not about where you're from mate, it's where you're going

-Frank Gallagher, chatsworth
  • Options
    “Blatter once said to me 'Your game is run by idiots, it's not run by bright people'...

Whilst I hate Blatter and everything he stands for, you can't argue with that imo.
  • Options
    Always an Ovette fan but fair play to Coe...one of the few Olympics to make a profit, and genuinely leave a legacy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Can't see what his upbringing and/or political persuasions has got to do with the success he and his team had both getting The Games, the then brilliantly staging them!

It was more Willian Hague in his underpants on his shoulders that scares me not his political persuasion and I said he deserves the accolades
  • Options
    Paaaarrrrtttttyyy

Frank Gallagher Chatsworth
  • Options
    As some of you know, I collect autographs for a hobby (sad, i know) and one evening I found out that Coe was hosting a charity party at the Guildhall in the city. As you can imagine, there were loads of rich and 'important' people turning up in there posh cars and nice outfits but no Coe!! With the party already 15 minutes in an with me ready to go home, a lonely figure walks through Guildhall Square, yep, it was Coe. I asked him to sign my picture which he obliged to do and I asked him why he was running late. His reply........I got the tube in!
  • Options
    Somehow I was sure this would be another thread on palace an millwall