Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From the Bristol City Board BCFF - Recognise anything?

I was listening to the radio the other day regarding managerial appointments, and the plight of clubs struggling, and the general consensus was, unless you had genuine football people at the helm pulling the strings, you're in trouble.

The board and their judgement are always responsible, not the manager.

Look no further than Ashton Gate for proof.

Although we have a multi millionaire sugar Daddy, who's keeping us afloat, with his son on the board, looking after Daddy's cash, what do we have?

People investing for a prestigious place on the board, but what else do they bring to the show, and how about the others, like the Chief Executive etc ?

They certainly don't appear to have a magnitude of football knowledge, or any class, by the way loyal servants of Bristol City F.C.have been pushed out the door, without the slightest show of appreciation and gratitude for years of dedication, and now it seems they're reaping the whirlwind.

You can't treat people like this and expect success.
Karma at work maybe ?

I've never known such a gulf between club and supporters that exists today, after following City for well over 40 years, the relationship is stone cold, which is reflecting upon the attendances and the team.
It is completely riven, from top to bottom.

I feel really sorry for Mciness, as he's been given the impossible job of picking up the pieces after the heart and soul have been ripped out the club, by bringing in a host of outsiders, with zero feelings for BCFC. or connections to our past, no matter how banal it may have been at times.

I'm afraid the club is now a soul less zombiefied corpse of an entity.

Mr Lansdown needs to either bring in proper qualified people with real passion and determination for Bristol City to succeed, or shock horror,looks for more investment from elsewhere, like the far east or America, or calls it quits.
His puppets are broken, and don't work, can't he see this, even from Jersey?

I'll never understand why he wants to have all the financial burden on his own shoulders, why won't he either stick in mega,mega bucks if he is serious about getting us up to the promised land, or share the club with an equally powerfull partner, or is does he crave the power ?
Why not actively put it out to see if there's any takers?

You can't help but feel sorry for the bloke, but bloody hell what a pigs ear he's managed to make of it all.

Sack the board anyway !

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

I was listening to the radio the other day regarding managerial appointments, and the plight of clubs struggling, and the general consensus was, unless you had genuine football people at the helm pulling the strings, you're in trouble.

The board and their judgement are always responsible, not the manager.

Look no further than Ashton Gate for proof.

Although we have a multi millionaire sugar Daddy, who's keeping us afloat, with his son on the board, looking after Daddy's cash, what do we have?

People investing for a prestigious place on the board, but what else do they bring to the show, and how about the others, like the Chief Executive etc ?

They certainly don't appear to have a magnitude of football knowledge, or any class, by the way loyal servants of Bristol City F.C.have been pushed out the door, without the slightest show of appreciation and gratitude for years of dedication, and now it seems they're reaping the whirlwind.

You can't treat people like this and expect success.
    Karma at work maybe ?

I've never known such a gulf between club and supporters that exists today, after following City for well over 40 years, the relationship is stone cold, which is reflecting upon the attendances and the team.
    It is completely riven, from top to bottom.

I feel really sorry for Mciness, as he's been given the impossible job of picking up the pieces after the heart and soul have been ripped out the club, by bringing in a host of outsiders, with zero feelings for BCFC. or connections to our past, no matter how banal it may have been at times.

I'm afraid the club is now a soul less zombiefied corpse of an entity.

Mr Lansdown needs to either bring in proper qualified people with real passion and determination for Bristol City to succeed, or shock horror,looks for more investment from elsewhere, like the far east or America, or calls it quits.
    His puppets are broken, and don't work, can't he see this, even from Jersey?

I'll never understand why he wants to have all the financial burden on his own shoulders, why won't he either stick in mega,mega bucks if he is serious about getting us up to the promised land, or share the club with an equally powerfull partner, or is does he crave the power ?
    Why not actively put it out to see if there's any takers?

You can't help but feel sorry for the bloke, but bloody hell what a pigs ear he's managed to make of it all.

Sack the board anyway !

Bet city are cursing their luck