Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

death in shootershill Rd

My wife just told me someone was killed by a hit and run in Corelli Rd/Shootershill thismorning. Body covered by blanket and people walking past etc. Then road shut. Cant see anything on news.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Seems to be a lot of hit and runs reported at the moment. Not good at all.

RIP to the poor person who has died.
  • Options
    It was mentioned on twitter on BBC travel and TLF that the road was shut earlier between Corelli due to a traffic incident. Air ambulance in attendance etc.
  • Options
    Kidbrooke school is in Corelli Road. Hope it's not a kid ( although it's terrible whoever it was).
  • Options

Seems to be a lot of hit and runs reported at the moment. Not good at all.

RIP to the poor person who has died.

Indeed. I wonder how much of it has to do with the increase in people driving without insurance - either because the premiums are so high or because they just don't bother.
  • Options
    well with the fact my wife could walk past i hope that it wasnt a body but someone who was injured and taken into hospital. As for air ambulance QE hospital is almost walking distance.
  • Options

well with the fact my wife could walk past i hope that it wasnt a body but someone who was injured and taken into hospital. As for air ambulance QE hospital is almost walking distance.

If the person had any chance of surviving they would have a better chance being airlifted to a major trauma centre probably to the royal London hospital, the QE is not a trauma centre.
  • Options
    Wouldn't Kings be the nearest Trauma Centre ?
  • Options

By air the Royal London is not much more than a hop across the river.

• Options
    Strange, spoke to my Uncle this morning who took a bump to the back of his car and the driver made off, this was up Shooters Hill
  • Options
    Sad news indeed. RIP.

Was knocked off my motorbike last October in a hit and run. I found the car that hit me through my own investigation. My solicitor contacted the police who took the 3rd party to court. The judge threw it out due to lack of evidence so they got off scot free.

Then, when my claim went through the Motor Insurance Bureau as a claim against an untraceable driver, they decided to only award me 50% of my claim as according to them I was 50% negligent for my accident.

The laws that govern this country are hysterical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    P_Air said:

Sad news indeed. RIP.

Was knocked off my motorbike last October in a hit and run. I found the car that hit me through my own investigation. My solicitor contacted the police who took the 3rd party to court. The judge threw it out due to lack of evidence so they got off scot free.

Then, when my claim went through the Motor Insurance Bureau as a claim against an untraceable driver, they decided to only award me 50% of my claim as according to them I was 50% negligent for my accident.

Sorry to hear that you got knocked off your bike. Irrespective of whether you sustained an injury (hopefully not) this can't of been a pleasant experience. That the person then drove off is terrible.

However, the Judge (I assume) was not present at your accident and can only deal with the evidence in front of him. If there is insufficient evidence to proceed, that is not the fault of the Judge.

You then received some compensation from the MIB. In some other countries you would have received nothing. Perhaps this Country and her laws are not perfect, but they are better than a lot of others.
  • Options

P_Air said:

Sad news indeed. RIP.

Sorry to hear that you got knocked off your bike. Irrespective of whether you sustained an injury (hopefully not) this can't of been a pleasant experience. That the person then drove off is terrible.

However, the Judge (I assume) was not present at your accident and can only deal with the evidence in front of him. If there is insufficient evidence to proceed, that is not the fault of the Judge.

You then received some compensation from the MIB. In some other countries you would have received nothing. Perhaps this Country and her laws are not perfect, but they are better than a lot of others.
    2 broken metatarsal in my right foot, 8 weeks off work and financial implications due to not working. For the judge to then go and punish me, basing his view on previous case history, is, in my eyes, wholly incorrect. I am not and had never up until my accident, agreed with the compensation culture. However, being on the receiving end is a different story. It saddens me when people that abuse the system get paid out with no question.

Anyway, I apologise for taking this thread away from its original post.
  • Options
    P_Air said:

P_Air said:

Sad news indeed. RIP.

For the judge to then go and punish me, basing his view on previous case history, is, in my eyes, wholly incorrect.
    Can you expand on how the Judge punished you and the case history you refer too.
  • Options
    Punished because I'll only receive 50% of what I should have because the judge, basing his view on similar previous cases, concluded that I was partly negligent for being knocked off in a hit and run whilst the 3rd party get away scot-free. the statement i made said otherwise. Makes sense to me.
  • Options
    Presumably though the third party had a different story though P Air?

With a lack of witnesses it's then very hard for a judge to decide on person's word against the other.

Unfortunate but there it is.
  • Options
    The third party failed to nominate a driver (it's was a company pool car), first time around. The 3rd party claimed their car wasn't on the road at the time (total lie), second time around and the judge went with them.

It wrankles me because when the car drove off they had no idea if I was dead or alive. The unfortunate person on Shooters Hill Road today was sadly a lot more unfortunate than I was.

Irresponsible drivers are the bane of the roads. Be it no insurance, drugs, drink, speeding or just panic, doesn't make it justifiable.
  • Options

HEMS tend to convey patients to the Royal London as its a fantastic Trauma Centre and has the helipad. They can convey to Kings, but have to land in the park next door and an Ambulance needs to transfer the patient the few hundred yards to the A&E. If the patient is being taken by road, it would normally be kings from that area unless there was a specific reason not too.