Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I can't quite beleive this.....

Comments

• Options
    They appear to be a bunch of complete clowns, or maybe they just have an attention seeking main man.
    Perhaps worth bearing in mind that they wouldn't even exist or have a platform if it wasn't for actual racism.
  • Options
    They seem like some sort of ultra anti racism group. Which means that they find racism where there is not any.
  • Options
    If they're anti racism would a white lawyers society be viewed as anti racist too? double standards
  • Options
    You're right J block. Surely a bit of irony there. Especially as I don't see law as a massively racist area surely?

What next? Black Rocket Scientists association?
  • Options
    I look forward to them demanding that NWA albums are removed from the shelves and the likes of Public Enemy records are banned.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

If they're anti racism would a white lawyers society be viewed as anti racist too? double standards

Thought something similar the other day when I was watching the Mobos
  • Options
    White pests? As in mice?
  • Options
    No, as in Jedward.
  • Options
    They are the palace ultras of lawyers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have no problem with black lawyers getting together and promoting the need for more black lawyers (ditto any other group that feels under represented); but this is either a rippingly good piss take, a group opposed to black lawyers who are very cleverly discrediting black lawyers or "a bunch of clowns". I hope it is the first but fear it is the third.
  • Options
    Will they also be campaigning against black rap stars when they use the N word in songs.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Will they also be campaigning against black rap stars when they use the N word in songs.

"Nolly"?
  • Options
    Thats the one Off_it
  • Options
    I can.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I look forward to them demanding that NWA albums are removed from the shelves and the likes of Public Enemy records are banned.

Charlton better watch out, I've seen that big NWA sign in the corner of The Valley.
  • Options
    I think Peter Herbert is a bit of a self publicist...
  • Options
    Can't wait for them to stamp their integrity and make complaints about the black rap artists using the N word, won't hold my breath though.
  • Options
    Donning my Kippah...

Am glad THFC have come out with a statement backing the fans.

The SBL are creating more divisions in football than have existed in the previous 30 years.

Tbh, THFC have done a lot of work behind the scenes with the authorities. Any banners with the Y word on or reference to the Y word or the Star of David have been banned for a number of years now, home and aboard. We had a massive SoD flag confiscated when out in Milan for the CL a couple of years ago by the travelling Met Police officers that accompany us on our travels.

The anti-semitic abuse home and away is well known yet nothing gets done about it. Ars*nal, Chelsea and West Ham absolutely love their "Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz" ditty. The constant hissing. It's gone on for decades. Thats why the whole Y-Army thing was born in the first place. Make it a badge of pride, embrace it and chuck it back with both barrels.

You only need to look at some of the comments that have been left on the BBC website and elsewhere to see that even the Jewish supporters are immensely proud of the term.

The SBL need to have a serious look at themselves. Are they going to go after Ars*nal for their supporters calling themselves Gooners as they may be offending those with learning difficulties? They should be doing something bloody useful, like supporting Rose, Caulker and Lees after the charges were brought against them by the Serbian police.
  • Options
    Well said JB, cant see how making a complaint to the police over something you hear in the news is professional, competent or anything but self serving. Making fools out of themselves and its a bit embarrassing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to say this is very similar to what happenend when Shami Shakribarti took over at Liberty. She was everywhere commenting on everything for about two years. Then they became high profile enough that they focussed on what they wanted to acheive as they had the access they didn't have before. It may be a short sharp way of profile raising to be able to get in through the doors they want to be able to the focuss on their aims. Whatever they end up being.
  • Options
    If their aim is to have little or no credibility then they're doing an excellent job
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    And to get around the Y banner ban, someone came up with this...

YOIDS. Doesnt quite have the same ring to it, does it?
  • Options
    Reading that article, it seems to imply that Spurs have a large Jewish following. Could be wrong but I'm certainly not aware of this being the case.

Thought the whole "Yid" thing is due to the large Jewish community in and around the Tottenham area. I know many Spurs supporters and none (to my knowledge are Jewish.

Maybe Johnboy can put me straight on this.............
  • Options

Reading that article, it seems to imply that Spurs have a large Jewish following. Could be wrong but I'm certainly not aware of this being the case.

Thought the whole "Yid" thing is due to the large Jewish community in and around the Tottenham area. I know many Spurs supporters and none (to my knowledge are Jewish.

Johnboy will correct me if I'm wrong, but being from a family of gooners I was led to believe it stemmed from a game being cancelled/postponed due to a jewish religious holiday and some board members etc

• Options
    We've got a large Jewish following and there has always been a strong Jewish presence on the board - Joe Lewis (owner of ENIC and our sugar daddy), the last three chairman - Scholar, Sugar and Levy and as such games were scheduled to avoid the Yom Kippur festival and key dates in Passover. In recent years, that hasnt always been possible despite the club making appeals to the Premier League to recognise the significance.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Johnboy will correct me if I'm wrong, but being from a family of gooners I was led to believe it stemmed from a game being cancelled/postponed due to a jewish religious holiday and some board members etc

And obviously too subtle for some gooners, but they have a fair number of directors/supporters from the same community!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

DA9 said:

And obviously too subtle for some gooners, but they have a fair number of directors/supporters from the same community!
    Only mentioned gooners as they are closer to the coal face on all things spurs and would have a better handle on their history than most other clubs supporters.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

DA9 said:

Their Jewish following is as big as Tottenham's.

• Options
    DA9 said:

TelMc32 said:

DA9 said:

Only mentioned gooners as they are closer to the coal face on all things spurs and would have a better handle on their history than most other clubs supporters.
    Sorry DA9, that wasn't a dig at you. I know a good few fans of both sides and the arsenal supporting ones are well aware of their following and ownership having a similar background. A few others however...