Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scattering ashes at the Valley?

Anyone know how to go about this?

Comments

• Options
    Contact the club Chaplin?
  • Options
    Johnny73 - I believe I heard somewhere that this is no longer allowed on the pitch, a policy which is in place at many clubs. The attached link suggests that ashes may be scattered at a memorial garden - presumably the one at Sparrows Lane. Looks like guinness' suggestion of contacting the club chaplain is a good idea.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding.
  • Options
    There is a memory garden between the East Stand and The Jimmy Seed Stand where ashes can be scattered. The club are extremely helpful with making the arrangments.
  • Options
    I'll contact the Chaplain and see what the process is. Thanks.
  • Options
    Scattered my Grandad in the north stand goal in the 90's only for us only to concede 3 times in that goal the following year. I am lead to believe that this is no longer aloud. Shame really can't see the harm
  • Options
    THEMCA said:

Scattered my Grandad in the north stand goal in the 90's only for us only to concede 3 times in that goal the following year. I am lead to believe that this is no longer aloud. Shame really can't see the harm

My Grandad's ashes where scattered in the memorial garden by the east stand during the summer before our champions winning season last year.

And one reason I was told that the ashes are longer scattered on the actual pitch is that the grass is changed each year so the ashes wouldn't exactly stay on the pitch.
  • Options

THEMCA said:

My Grandad's ashes where scattered in the memorial garden by the east stand during the summer before our champions winning season last year.

And one reason I was told that the ashes are longer scattered on the actual pitch is that the grass is changed each year so the ashes wouldn't exactly stay on the pitch.
    Hope you don't mind me asking but how much do they charge?
  • Options
    No charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

No charge.

Thanks.

• Options
    Sorry for your loss
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Sorry for your loss

Thanks. Was a number of years ago.

Trying to give my mum some options on what to do with dads ashes. Finances, getting everyone together and agreeing what to do, have all got in the way.
  • Options
    My Dad is up in the memorial garden at his beloved Valley. We had a lovely ceremony conducted by the club chaplain and the whole process was thoughtful and respectful. There was no charge whatsoever and it is nice to be able to go and see Dad on a match day as my seat is in the East stand.