Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today's games chat - 10th Nov

2»

Comments

• Options
    limeygent said:

Can't stand this new trend in penalty taking, like Berbatov's against Arsenal, the hesitation in the run-up. It might be legal, but to me it's cheating, or at the very least unsportsmanlike. The goalie has everything against him anyway, having to not move until the ball is struck, and staying on the line. Would like to see a change here, anyone else?

Not me, Limey. The goalkeeper can feint one way, sway, wave arms etc - anything to get a slight chance. The penalty taker ought to have the same freedom. So many keepers move early anyway and I reckon that the taker can punish that by waiting to see where they commit and then shooting in the other side.
  • Options
    I'd also say more players miss penalties when they do that run up than they do score.

It's harder to get the power and direction in there shot than it is taking a normal pen. Plus it looks like there usually in 2 minds about where to put the ball
  • Options
    Leeds are humbled .. Warnock OUT
    Palace are top .. HOW ?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    The important thing is that after today's games we are still in 17th, we're four points clear of the relegation zone and have a game in hand over all bar Bristol. A win tomorrow would see us leapfrog Birmingham, Leeds and possibly Bolton and put us nicely in mid-table. Come On You Reds!