Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wilfred Zaha

Word on the street is he will be in the England squad for Weds night.

Don't see how he will remain at Palace after the window re-opens.

Comments

• Options
    ...which is good, but the other side of that is that they will then have gazillions of pounds to reinvest.
  • Options
    jeez, championship players in the england squad. Just goes to show how short of talent we are at the highest level
  • Options
    It's a friendly. Roy wants a closer look. Another 5 million added to his price.
  • Options
    Chris solly will be next...
  • Options
    ... well He is better than John Terry!
  • Options

jeez, championship players in the england squad. Just goes to show how short of talent we are at the highest level

Indeed.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Zaha is a player playing in the Championship, not a Championship player.

Arsenal bound I reckon.
  • Options
    Palace have a habit of talking their players up above their station.
  • Options
    Well done to the lad. Unfortunate that he plays for them but great to see if you have a great run of form you will get recognition for it.

Also helps we can close the door on the Ivory Coast getting him if he gets a couple of minutes on Wednesday (and for Sterling read Jamaica!)
  • Options
    Smart moves by england. Jenkinson, sterling and zaha have tons of potential for the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are already offers on the table for him and he IS considering a move.

His brothers girlfriend works for me.
  • Options
    spoke to a Palarse guy at work he says this season Zaha is on a differant level----unplayable in some games.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

There are already offers on the table for him and he IS considering a move.

His brothers girlfriend works for me.

Ha, what a surprise! They all think he's staying because he loves the club. How deluded can you get?

I'm guessing those 3 are all in the squad to prevent them from playing for another country.
  • Options
    Apparently friendlies no longer count for the purposes of finalising your footballing nationality... it's all about competitive matches... you learn something new every day.
  • Options

Apparently friendlies no longer count for the purposes of finalising your footballing nationality... it's all about competitive matches... you learn something new every day.

Didn't realise this until today. It sounds like Hodgson just fancies taking a look at him first hand.

• Options

Didn't realise this until today. It sounds like Hodgson just fancies taking a look at him first hand.

I do also think it is a good chance to 'persuade' Zaha and Jenkinson of the great opportunity to play for England as well. It would feel a bit odd to play an international game for one country, albeit a friendly, only to turn around and then go play somewhere else. Don't think it has ever happened with England at full international level.

• Options
    He's doing well this year but it is more than likely he's being called up to end all hopes of ivory coast getting him to represent them over england.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I do also think it is a good chance to 'persuade' Zaha and Jenkinson of the great opportunity to play for England as well. It would feel a bit odd to play an international game for one country, albeit a friendly, only to turn around and then go play somewhere else. Don't think it has ever happened with England at full international level.

Good point. They did the same with Sterling who is also eligible to play for Jamaica as he was born there. We have some very good, young, English players at the moment who are actually comfortable in possession. Here's hopping we have the right manager(s) place over the next ten years or so to get the best out of them.
  • Options
    He's from the ivory coast, it's fair that he should represent them at international level. I believe it is anyway.
  • Options
    Paul Hart live on SSN now @ Sparrows Lane....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What did he say, MoG.......?
  • Options
    Are we signing Zaha?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He's from the ivory coast, it's fair that he should represent them at international level. I believe it is anyway.

He came over here when he was 4, so he's far more English than Ivorian. Ditto Sterling who left Jamaica when he was 5 i think.

• Options
    Have to say I wish Zaha all the best. Seems fairly level headed and looks to be a magnificent talent. Same goes for Sterling (if he can keep his cock in his pants)

Provided they get their heads right tactically they could be amazing for England
  • Options
    If he is that good why has he not been snapped up at a younger age?.
  • Options
    Just come one , oh dear god I can hear the palace fans now!
  • Options

If he is that good why has he not been snapped up at a younger age?.

Why was wright not snapped up?

Some players get missed that's all.

Zaha will move if Palace accept an offer that is on the table already from a fairly well off premier league side... Not the richest but well off none the less.
  • Options
    I'm hoping he opts to play for Ivory Coast so I can feel more content hating him.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I'm hoping he opts to play for Ivory Coast so I can feel more content hating him.

Amen to this. Oh to be a thugish full back who has been sent out to slow him down early doors.

• Options
    Imagine him trying his tricks against Julian Dicks . Julian would have give him a 'nudge" early doors to let him know he's there.