Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Baldock

£1.5m and £19k per week.

Narrow escape there then.

Comments

• Options
    Didn't even realise he was on the pitch !
  • Options

Didn't even realise he was on the pitch !

Me neither Jean.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

It's not that I don't doubt what you say, but how do you know he is on £19k a week?
  • Options
    £19 k does seem a bit steep.
  • Options
    To be fair he got zero service today . I didn't realise how little the bloke was though .
  • Options
    No way on earth Bristol City are paying him 19K per week, totally ridiculous figure. They'd be lucky to be paying him 10K, its probably below that too.

Also, tad unfair on the bloke, he is a good goal-scorer playing in an obviously weak side.
  • Options
    I was told by a director that his wage demands were far too high to make sense to us. Nothing surprises me in this area at the moment. Another story is that DJ Campbell wanted (and may be getting) 22k/week.
  • Options
    solly bossed him when he baldock came down our right flank. he didn't have the service, but he didn't create anything himself either, and for that price, you'd expect mores from him.
  • Options

It's not that I don't doubt what you say, but how do you know he is on £19k a week?

From OTIB. Quoted on there by several ITK City fans.
  • Options
    I doubt City are paying him that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I felt sorry for Baldock as he looks like a striker so lacking in confidence and in a poor team. Thank goodness for us!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well from memory when there was talk of a move to Charlton in the summer, his wage demands were rumoured to be in the region of £15k pw so £19k pw with a sweetener to seal the deal is not exactly unthinkable
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking that the CCC TV money is about 3 million per season? If so, then Brizzle's total revenue PA with TV and tickets would probably be around 7 million - would they really pay 15% of total revenue on one players wages? Seems doubtful to me.
  • Options
    Bristol City are a small club in this division, I think they're attendances are no more than about 10,000 on average.

There's no way they are paying that much a week for him He's not really done anything in his career to warrant that sort of money. Had a goal record of 1 in 4 for MK Dons and then played 20 odd games for West Ham and then they didn't want him.

Not really sure why so many on here were wetting themselves at the idea of landing him to be honest.
  • Options
    I often like to judge a players ability on just one game against us.
  • Options
    He scored a few at the start of the season and looks lively, but remember that's a team that has lost 7 or the last 8. His confidence must be at a real low, they hardly make any chances, and it shows.... we didn't concede!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yesterday, it seems his only service was hoofball .......5'7" against Cort/Morro, no contest.

He's obviously a decent player, but you need to play to his strengths to get the best out of him.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Yesterday, it seems his only service was hoofball .......5'7" against Cort/Morro, no contest.

He's obviously a decent player, but you need to play to his strengths to get the best out of him.

Now where have I heard that before Oggy...........BWP maybe?
  • Options
    Must be tough for him. Got a big move, was never given a chance and the quickly told he wasn't wanted, and then joined a team providing him little service and comedy capitulations. If the bloke still has confidence after all that he probably runs across the Avon to get to work
  • Options
    Good move by the board turning him down if he was after that sort of money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Bristol City are a small club in this division, I think they're attendances are no more than about 10,000 on average.

There's no way they are paying that much a week for him

Well they are, hence....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15935151

• Options
    Addickted said:

cafctom said:

There's no way they are paying that much a week for him

Well they are, hence....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15935151

That's from Nov 2011
  • Options
    Fair enough @Addickted. I didn't doubt your info, I just wondered how you knew.

Thanks mate.
  • Options
    How much did they pay Maynard and James. They've always been loons with money going back to Joe Jordan, and prob before my time when they reached the top div in the eighties.
  • Options
    Not surprised he is on that sort of money as 7 years a go a certain Charlton player who had a long term iinjury problem was on 16K a week basic.
  • Options

Not surprised he is on that sort of money as 7 years a go a certain Charlton player who had a long term iinjury problem was on 16K a week basic.

Yes, but we had been in the Premiership for a long while by that stage so 16K per week was affordable - Brizzle have never been near the top flight.
  • Options
    For those who believe Baldock is not earning between 15-20k... how much do you think Ricky Fuller is earning?
  • Options
    He was totally lacking in confidence on Sunday. Had a couple of decent half chances but don't think he could hit a barn door at the moment.
  • Options
    Pony
  • Options

Brizzle have never been near the top flight.

I remember a Chris Garland inspired Bristol City playing in the top flight for several seasons towards the end of the 70s.