Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky + iplayer

I have sky plus but don't have itv player or I player on the on demand section. Do I need a new card to get this, or is it only for HD customers?

Comments

• Options
    Only for HD customers im afraid.... i checked last week.
  • Options
    You also need to have your Sky box connected to the Router and the Sky boxed don't have WiFi so it needs to be connected via a physical cable.
  • Options

You also need to have your Sky box connected to the Router and the Sky boxed don't have WiFi so it needs to be connected via a physical cable.

Unless you buy one of these...

sky.com/products/kit/wireless-connector/
  • Options
    I'm loving all the on demand stuff on sky , fantastic.

You don't have to have any HD packages just a HD box.
  • Options
    I have all that but haven't sat down and figured how to do it yet, anyone done it?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Unless you buy one of these...

sky.com/products/kit/wireless-connector/
    Had a result on that.

They phoned up trying to sell me ESPN and ended up getting the wireless router for £9.99 instead of £60.

• Options
    it says on that link they're £21
  • Options
    Yeah, they use to be a little dongle that cost 60 notes.
  • Options
    Also, if you have a Samsung Sky box, the catch up menu is not currently available.
    Should be mid to late November, I was told..
  • Options
    Got the whole thing set up in my front room, lots of shows on it, the catch up tv is good as it stops hours of crap like im a celeb, strictly and x factor clogging up the memory, and it is easy to use too. Sky are finally catching up with virgin on that front
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I have it, I have a Sky + HD box (they gave me that when I got multiroom) but I am not a HD customer.

You can get it as long as you have a black Sky + box and have it connected to your router

I'm using home plugs as the sky box is in different room from router
  • Options
    Has virgin media got all the movies sky anytime + has got? Or less?.
  • Options
    That Wireless device seems very cheap at £21. I suppose they subsidise it in the hope that you'll use it to 'purchase' something that you would normally just do without.

I didn't know it was available. I guess they will start including WiFi in the HD boxes in the end, but for now a more than adequate alternative.
  • Options
    So is it worth the £21? What does it do apart from bbc iplayer? (I can use these anyway by connecting my ipad to the tv directly via an apple cable)
  • Options

So is it worth the £21? What does it do apart from bbc iplayer? (I can use these anyway by connecting my ipad to the tv directly via an apple cable)

If your router is close to your sky box just use a cable. It has i player, itv player, demand 5, sky tv and sky sports catch up. As well as loads of other on demand stuff.

• Options
    I have a sky HD box connected to my router but i cant find BBCi player anywhere.
  • Options
    Press the TV guide button then the red button for on demand then click on catch up. Should be there
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Press the TV guide button then the red button for on demand then click on catch up. Should be there

My Red Button says anytime and when i press it my only options are Showcase , Library , Movies & Skystore and BBCi player isnt it any of them.

• Options
    Mine too Beds :0(
  • Options
    Mine has only just updated over night -look at Sky site and they say its being rolled out on most boxes