Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Test Match First

Remarkably, after hundreds and hundreds of test matches (2,051 according to the BBC), today, for the very first time, the first ball of a test match was hit for six.
Unsurprisingly Chris Gayle was the batsman, equally unsurprisingly the bowler was a debutant, Sohag Gazi bowling his first ever ball for ... yes ... Bangladesh

Comments

• Options
    Chris Gayle is world class, such a shame he's been the only world class player in the west indies team pretty much all his international career.
  • Options
    Gayle probably had a monkey on it.
  • Options
    and the bangly deshees.
  • Options
    Back in July I happened to be in Antigua at the time of the test and was just able to squeeze in the first day. Unfortunately NZ won the toss and batted rather boringly all day but I did catch a single glimpse of Chris Gayle as he unsuccesfully chased a ball to the boundary near me, carried on up the terracing and high fived a NZ fan as he passed.
  • Options

Gayle probably had a monkey on it.

Hey, if Clattenberg can't say it ........... :-)
  • Options
    Quick question; why did Bangladesh open the bowling with a spinner? I've just seen the clip on youtube and it seems to make no sense doing this, especially when Gayle is opening the batting.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I had waited for a long time to see Windies play at Kent's Beckenham ground a few years ago, in a friendly one dayer. Their coach had taken a wrong turn and the game was 2 hours late getting started. I was so looking forward to seeing Gayle bat ,, Martin Saggers sent his off stump cartwheeling first ball and then Lara scratched around for ages for not very many. One of those days.
  • Options
    Red_Raver said:

Quick question; why did Bangladesh open the bowling with a spinner? I've just seen the clip on youtube and it seems to make no sense doing this, especially when Gayle is opening the batting.

mmmm .. a conspiracy theorist might conjecture ........................
  • Options
    Love watching Gayle Bat, absolute beast. Was so pleased when they won that 20/20 WC. Gayle is an Awesome player.