Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

India v England Test Series (Nov 2012).

Comments

• Options
    Close on 509/6, lead of 193.

Prior 40* and Swann 21*
  • Options
    Just when you think our lead might only be 150-160 odd, Prior and Swann bar positively against a knackered bowling lineup, and suddenly we're nearly 200 ahead!
  • Options
    Got to be looking to bat until lunch tomorrow, get a 250/300 lead and then put the Indian batsmen under real pressure. We saw here last summer than there's a good chance they'll crumble, especially without Dravid in there to hold it together.
  • Options
    Pitch starting to be two paced and will turn a bit more, can see Monty, Swann, Finn and Anderson having some fun tomorrow.
  • Options
    I love spanking them Indians round the cricket field over there! Well done Cooky and the boys. Make em suffer!!
  • Options
    Great support from Prior. Pity Cookie didn't get a daddy hundred but hard to be critical! Good to see JT get a quality half-century. Only disappointment was Bellend didn't get among the runs :( Love the guy and hope he can get in amongst them next match...as I am confident he won't get to bat again in this one...
  • Options
    I think 190 is a Daddy hundred tbf.
  • Options
    Cook's run out was a crying shame & bizarre. I can't recall seeing that before.
    Instead of grounding his bat, he lifted it up, to avoid the ball hitting his arm.
    A moment of madness, probably due to fatigue.
  • Options
    India have collapsed since dinner now 122-6 after lunch they have lost 6 wickets for 36 runs.
  • Options
    India 159-8......

"Start the engine........."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    166-8
    41 needed to make England bat again.
  • Options
    Who would have thought after the 1st test we'd potentialy be winning the 3rd by an innings to take a 2-1 lead!
  • Options
    199-9 (Trail by 8.....)
  • Options
    219-9.....

(India really 12-9....)
  • Options
    MOG..........call the wicket for the next test? India need to win to draw the series.....somebody mentioned a wire brush lol
  • Options
    I expect the next pitch to be very worn, turning sideways on day 1.
  • Options
    Dam...just have to settle for the "wickets" win.
  • Options
    If India get another 20 or 30 runs will we see a repeat of the W.Indies 47 all out debacle ???
  • Options

If India get another 20 or 30 runs will we see a repeat of the W.Indies 47 all out debacle ???

Hope not Golfie, hope not! But hey I can't see it happening with the form our batsman are in and how poor their bowling has been. Let's enjoy it for now!

• Options
    cfgs said:

I think you can be sure that it will be a results pitch for the 4th test, but I still fancy our chances. For the first time ever, perhaps, we have stronger spinners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needing 41 to win England 8-3 !
  • Options
    Won by 7 wickets :-)
  • Options

cfgs said:

I think you can be sure that it will be a results pitch for the 4th test, but I still fancy our chances. For the first time ever, perhaps, we have stronger spinners.
    I agree however Zaheer has yet to really show his ability and if fit he could run through us
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

I agree however Zaheer has yet to really show his ability and if fit he could run through us
    Dropped for final test, so NO!
  • Options

Hope not Golfie, hope not! But hey I can't see it happening with the form our batsman are in and how poor their bowling has been. Let's enjoy it for now!

at 8 for 3 I was fearing the worst !!

• Options

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Dropped for final test, so NO!

Ok. Marvellous their youngsters lack the experience and leadership to cope with our boys

• Options
    Well done Ian Bell today, he's had a poor series but really stood up for us today when we needed him.
  • Options

Well done Ian Bell today, he's had a poor series but really stood up for us today when we needed him.

Yes, it could be argued that the fact it was Bell who got the runs was a good thing (rather than say Cook knocking them off without any effort) as it must help his confidence...
  • Options

Yes, it could be argued that the fact it was Bell who got the runs was a good thing (rather than say Cook knocking them off without any effort) as it must help his confidence...
    Compton's contribution shouldn't be overlooked either.

He kept his end up whilst wickets were falling like ninepins at the other end which will have helped Bell.

Well done England on the win and thank goodness the target was 41 and not 141 or even 101!
  • Options
    Morning Everyone.

England win the toss and bat/