Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posting Prem scores in the charlton match day thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:

nolly said:

I personally would prefer not to no results ... Nice one offy for telling me arsenal result if that's true score?

It might not be you know. I've got a habit of being a prick and posting shit.
    no comment.
  • Options
    But you can't knock my honesty bloodnut.
    :o)
  • Options
    Oakster said:

nolly said:

I personally would prefer not to no results ... Nice one offy for telling me arsenal result if that's true score?

At least he didn't mention the sending off
    Or the fact that Arsenal's fifth was scored with a balloon that had drifted onto the pitch - what was the ref thinking about letting that stand!!!!
    Or the streakers.

• Options

does anyone know the qpr result?

Mark Hughes
  • Options

it's not an unreasonable request, no need for off it to be such a knob

But that's his job, and we love him for it.
  • Options
    Seems a bit daft to me. I go on to twitter or Facebook and see scores, along with lots of places I regularly browse on the internet.

Hell, I was in the away end at Bristol and a random dude told me the Man City score!

I don't object to not posting them, as I really only keep track of this league properly, and I don't think anyone should object to posting them if people want that.

Perhaps a weekly thread on match days discussing prem matches and updates could be a good idea then? Keep it all in one place and away from those who don't want to see it?

At the same time - it must be quite a challenge keeping away from the scores nowadays. Reminds me of an episode of The Likely Lads...
  • Options

Haha brilliant thread to start right on the back of a third straight win. Very Haddock. You can't spend your Saturday afternoon on a football forum and then moan about people posting football-related content that spoils your personal TV viewing plan. Moronic.

it's a charlton forum though not a general football forum
  • Options

it's not an unreasonable request, no need for off it to be such a knob

But that's his job, and we love him for it.
    Aww, shucks!

*blushes
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Seems a bit daft to me. I go on to twitter or Facebook and see scores, along with lots of places I regularly browse on the internet.

Hell, I was in the away end at Bristol and a random dude told me the Man City score!

I don't object to not posting them, as I really only keep track of this league properly, and I don't think anyone should object to posting them if people want that.

Perhaps a weekly thread on match days discussing prem matches and updates could be a good idea then? Keep it all in one place and away from those who don't want to see it?

At the same time - it must be quite a challenge keeping away from the scores nowadays. Reminds me of an episode of The Likely Lads...

"England - flooded out..."
  • Options
    Forget the premiership scores, I'm stuck in a barbers shop and can't get the championship scores on my phone!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can fully understand where this is coming from. The argument that you're on a football forum, reading a matchday thread is a stupid one. Nothing wrong with wanting to know how your team is doing as it happens, yet also wanting to be able to watch MOTD without knowing the results.

A seperate thread on premiership would be the solution, So Blackheath and others can avoid that thread.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Yeah it does matter, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it, and other people wouldn't have subsequently agreed with it!. Just because it doesn't matter to you, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter to other people.

Alright mate, keep your hair on. (Arsenal won 5-2 by the way)
    Was going to watch motd tonight but hate seeing Arsenal win. Won't bother now.
    Cheers off it. Lifesaver
  • Options
    Off_it said:

But you can't knock my honesty bloodnut.
    :o)

i aint knocking ya offy, not my style... just pulling ya leg with the bells on!

with all the things going on in the world im sure both you men will soon get over the fact that unwritten rules were broke, and all in all its just a bit of a silly thing to fall out over... ;~)

• Options
    I think it's fair enough to expect the match thread to be just that

• Options
    Yeah kiss and make up , now what about those Championship scores?
  • Options

Burnley 0 - 1 Charlton
  • Options
    Dulwich won 2-1
  • Options

if i had the computer skill id put a pic up of the results for ya MIA, but i aint.
  • Options
    welling beat salisbury (top) 1-0
  • Options
    If you really don't want to know premiership scores then logging onto a football forum is a bad idea
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tell you what, let's not distract from another great win now.

I'll close this one, and I'll open up a new one during the week to discuss what we want in the match thread, and what we don't.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!