Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Sack Race

Comments

• Options

Harry will keep Qpr up if he goes there.

Maybe, but at what cost?
  • Options
    Have no sympathy at all for Hughes who has spent most of his managerial career blaming match officials for his own shortcomings.
  • Options
    No great surprise ..
  • Options

The only surprise is that it didn't happen on Monday.

yep i thought doing on friday rather than monday makes no sense
  • Options
    What job was Hughes after when he walked out on Fulham? He should have stayed there.
  • Options
    I don't get why Hughes is ever given a job in management. He put on a suit after he quit playing, took himself so seriously as the Wales manager even though he got the job purely on the basis of his nationality and playing days, and club directors assumed he knew what he was doing. All I ever think of when considering his managerial expertise is how much he blames everyone else, particularly referees, for his plight. About the only sacking I agree with!

Also, I agree on the Adkins is smug thing, but likewise, it's lunacy to sack the guy based on their likely relegation. If they go down they'll be well tooled to come back and try to make it stick again, as happened with West Brom and us all those years ago. Adkins has shown he knows how to do that.

• Options
    villa job i think
  • Options

villa job i think

I think Lambert is safe there for a season at least. Lerner wants to drastically reduce costs and bring in more youth players. This is happening and Lerner is aware of that. The same goes for Rodgers at Liverpool. If Hughes went to Villa then relegation would be a certainty
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hughes was after the Chelsea job when he quit Fulham. Deluded.
  • Options
    QPR = Quick Phone Rednapp
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Hughes sacked - couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :-)
    I suppose he'll have to while away his time on his million pound yacht in Mallorca.
    It's called Sparky's Promise. I've seen it. Puke puke.
  • Options

Hughes was after the Chelsea job when he quit Fulham. Deluded.

Very poor form what he did to Fulham.

Pleased to see him do badly since.
  • Options
    No surprise they sacked him more surprising is they've waited all week to do it
  • Options
    Too many votes of confidence from owner = the sack.
  • Options

No surprise they sacked him more surprising is they've waited all week to do it

Asked him to quit earlier in the week apparently, he said no (guessing he wanted the pay-off!), they needed Fernandes to be back to authorise the sacking/compo etc.
  • Options
    Reckon Harrry was waiting to get the call for the temp' job at Chesea and when that didn't happen made it clear he was available for this one but that Ukraine were sniffign about as well.

I like to blame Harry wherever possible...
  • Options
    Just thought of a snippet of info that SCP revealed last night when he was asked whether he was worried if QPR might call back Rob Hulse .

He gave a wry smile when the question was posed and said that he felt it highly unlikely. He then added , without any prompting, that Rob had been treated very badly at Loftus Rd . Apparently he was not allowed to train with the main squad, neither was he allowed to change in their dressing room ! "Hounded out" was the impression I gained .....What does that say about "Sparky" ?

Think Oz may have already stated that Rob is highly regarded by the gaffer , who also said that he feels Rob & Danny Haynes work well together up front.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Understand your point. As well as looking like a blood hound, he acts like one as well.
  • Options
    Hughes' win percentage across his managerial career stands at 39.5%
  • Options
    And 'Arry's win percentage is 40.82%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Which is shite.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

cafctom said:

Which is shite.
    Is it? Keeping in mind the only 'big' club he has managed is Manchester City. And I think even they were in 4th spot (what they was aiming for) when they got rid of him.

Did a decent job with Blackburn Rovers.
  • Options
    There can't honestly be anyone that thinks Mark Hughes is even a half decent manager... can there?
  • Options

There can't honestly be anyone that thinks Mark Hughes is even a half decent manager... can there?

I don't particularly like him but then I don't think he is any better/worse than Redknapp
  • Options
    id rather have Redknapp than Hughes, all day long.
  • Options

Decent on a limited budget - Blackburn, Fulham - but poor when given a free reign like at QPR and City where he seemed to have a scattergun approach and take whoever he could get without thoughts on if it where they'd fit in.
  • Options
    The purchasing approach of QPR is hilarious. It's the most misfit team I can recall seeing, certainly since Dowie last had money to burn.

When you're pinning your hopes on the whims of Adel Taraabt, then you're up a creek you probably won't like the smell of.
  • Options
    Must be a really poor manager to alienate a player like Hulse. What he did was unforgivable.
  • Options
    BBC London reporting that QPR in talks with Harry Rednapp.

What a shocker.
  • Options
    That's rubbish

The talks were weeks ago

Probably