Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hollands

Went to the Bournemouth match last night to watch a friend play, an in the programme was an interview from Hollands saying how charlton had changed their formation, that is didn't suit his play and he felt he had lost all form and confidence, but he added he hoped to come back and give it another crack in the new year. Read what you want into it hopefully he does come
Back an give it a good crack as I like Hollands as a player but don't miss his long throws.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Swindon are losing form. They lost to Brentford last night at home. McCormack was on the bench, Hollands started. I am suprised di Canio released Benson

EDIT at 16.31 .. Now I see why Benson was released, Martin has signed on loan from Norwich
  • Options
    Strange that his is still being interviewed in a Bournemouth programme, when He left them quite a while ago now.
  • Options
    They've just resigned Pittman and extended the contract of Pugh. Maybe they're trying to rebuild the promotion squad. Hollands next? As long as they keep away from Wiggins!
  • Options

Swindon are losing form. They lost to Brentford last night at home. McCormack was on the bench, Hollands started. I am suprised di Canio released Benson

Losing form, as in lost last night ?
    Prior to that they had risen to 3rd place, after winning 3 & drawing 1 of their last 4 league games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town
  • Options
    Was only a short caption interview, but supposedly their paying 14 grand on Barnard contract and 8 grand on Pittman so certainly knocking the money about, wouldn't be suprised if they came back in for Hollands as they did look short in midfield, Francis hasn't changed either, terrible one minute be t minute swings in a lovely cross, althought arter looked half sensible wasn't he a youngster at our place ?
  • Options

EDIT at 16.31 .. Now I see why Benson was released, Martin has signed on loan from Norwich

lost 1 in 5 lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

lost 1 in 5 lol.
    last 12 games ...w4 d3 l5 (in all competitions) (:=>)
  • Options
    Hollands is a better option than Jonsson, bit of a weird swap imo
  • Options

I think the swap was Frimpong for Hollands. Jonsson was a temporary hole filler

• Options

Sounds like my dentist.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember chris Powell at the start of the season talking about how he spoke to his poyet and he said his biggest mistake with brightons first season back in the champ was being too loyal to the lads that one him promotion? Hollands hasn't been at the races this season and Chrissy Powell is being ruthless. Long may it continue in my eyes. No room for passengers in this league
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mrbligh said:

Remember chris Powell at the start of the season talking about how he spoke to his poyet and he said his biggest mistake with brightons first season back in the champ was being too loyal to the lads that one him promotion? Hollands hasn't been at the races this season and Chrissy Powell is being ruthless. Long may it continue in my eyes. No room for passengers in this league

agreed: Lambert & Adkins had the same idea.

• Options
    Dont surprise me Benson went on loan 4th dvision player end of, sums Parky up
  • Options
    Belatedly ruthless .. like Curbs
  • Options
    Can understand what Danny is saying - where would he play in the current system? I always thought he'd be good holding "Hughes-esque" in front of the back 4, as he is not that fast. But then last year he looked brilliant at times in front of Hughes as an attacking midfielder. But has he got the pace to play that role in a 4-4-2 in the Championship???? Maybe in a 4-1-4-1, where there is more protection? But Danny Haynes has finally proven what Barnsley and Ipswich said he would be, so 4-4-2 has to be retained. I guess the only other system would be 3-5-2/5-3-2, with him being the one to either always push on or stay back. I feel for the guy. Seems like an honest pro and good family man, who is in the prime part of his career.
  • Options
    I wonder how much Hollands' family situation with the triplets has affected him? We had twins + a 15 month old (pretty much the same as triplets, harder in some ways) and it was the most knackering time of my life, the lack of sleep was a killer.

I know his missus probably does most of the graft but it would probably leave him pretty flat as well, it knocked me bandy and the only thing that saved me was the vodka drip.
  • Options
    Unfortunately for Hollands, I suspect he was right about not fitting the system at current, Stephens and Pritchard seem to be preferred for their superior pace and athleticism (arguable in Stephens' case but CP clearly thinks so) and now Frimpong who is pretty quick by most accounts and more physical than Hollands who seemed more inclined to cut out/block passes (which he did very well last season, so that's not a criticism) than mix it up in the tackle.

Hope he does well for himself, three babies and a wife would exhaust any man alive!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Perhaps we can get him to work on the pot holes then ?
    It would appear to be his best position after his Burnley display :-)

*It is accepted that a player shouldn't be judged after 1 appearance & may turn out to be our POTY *
  • Options
    Scored again for Swindon.
  • Options
    2 in 2