Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPhone Repair

Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap, reliable and local to replace a cracked iPhone screen? The best I can find is £24.99 but they're based in Ilford. Ideally the same price but in the Bexleyheath or Orpington area would ideal.

Comments

• Options
    That's a decent price.
  • Options
    Any local, recommended repairers?
  • Options
    I can get you the number of a guy who lives in Blackfen who does it if you like, possibly cheaper than that too
  • Options
    Dizzle: yes please
  • Options
    Someone told me apple will fix your item just the once for free. I've been meaning to go in there and find out if it's true but haven't got round to doing it.
  • Options
    My son has just broken his iPod touch screen. Would appreciate any good local hints (dartford). Cheers.
  • Options
    Not sure about screens but I took my iphone into the Apple Store with a dodgy battery and they simply replaced the whole phone, then and there. I didn't even buy it from them!
  • Options
    About a fiver for a replacement screen + kit on ebay.
    Then just follow the instructions on YouTube showing exactly what do.
  • Options
    What iPhone u got?
  • Options
    Just had a touch done for 50 while u wait in tondridge
    place in bexleyheath centre about same price
    Apple wanted 80 I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Update: Apple charge £120 to simply replace your iPhone. I chose to go to a nice local shopkeeper in Bexleyheath who has a mobile phone sales/repair desk (next to Quicksilver in the Broadway) who changed the screen for £25. Very pleased with it and highly recommend. He also repaired it (as my teenage daughter broke the internals as well as the screen!) AND unlocked it for me for an extra £30. As good as new!
  • Options
    Meldrew, there is a mobile phone shop on the corner of sparrows lane which does repairs, not sure how much they'd charge though Fleet Mobile comms, link below

http://www.fleetmobile.com
  • Options
    @meldrew66

Do you know if that shop is still there ?

Little un just picked up wife's iPhone4 from kitchen and now smashed on the patio. Screen completely shattered.
  • Options
    Ditto my daughter has smashed het HTC screen
  • Options

Ditto my daughter has smashed het HTC screen

Taking threads away from the original subject !!!! ;0)
  • Options

@meldrew66

Do you know if that shop is still there ?

Little un just picked up wife's iPhone4 from kitchen and now smashed on the patio. Screen completely shattered.

They are still there. Doubt they'd be very cheap though.
  • Options
    Cheers Clem,

nothing is cheap nowadays.
  • Options
    Talk is.
  • Options
    And that's about it. Cable in the car door handle went a few weeks ago and been waiting for payday to sort that. Now the little uns taken up the shot put with smartphones ..
  • Options
    Feel your pain Danny , my iphone 5 screen smashed a month ago and I had to use the money given to me for my birthday to replace it . Very hard to take.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your boys are definitely going to be in the demolition game when they're older.
  • Options
    shop in Eltham, £35 for future reference
  • Options
    This happened to my HTC one mini! Think they can fix this in bexleyheath? I can see the phone still works underneath! And I'm still getting messages and notidications?!
  • Options
    Google phone screen smashed this weekend. £170 to fix! Ouch. Anyone know anywhere cheaper?
  • Options
    There's a guy in Snodland who has done several phones for me Ibloody kids) and he's always cheaper than anywhere else I look.  No idea where you are based though
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    There's a guy in Snodland who has done several phones for me Ibloody kids) and he's always cheaper than anywhere else I look.  No idea where you are based though

I am in Beckenham, was in Snodland last weekend.🙆