Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

fao Henry Irving

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
along the lines of the bottled beer debate and how amongst other things it would speed up the process of buying a drink at half time I think that pricing the pints at the moment at £2.90 is a little mad as it means more mucking about with the change and even though it seems overpriced wouldn't it be better off pricing it at £3 to speed this process up?

Comments

• Options
    woah there Leslie !!!

£2.90 for a cr*p pint in a plastic pot out of pipes that only get used once a fortnight is scandalous enough as it is !!
  • Options
    Better make it 2quid to 2.50 then!
  • Options
    It's £2.95 for a pint, isn't it? Don't drink it myself, but it might as well be £3 if they're serious about serving them up as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    exactly , surely you would rather pay an extra 5-10p and make sure you actually get served smudge?
  • Options
    Wish it was still £2.90.

Bet you it's up to £4 when we all go back in August!!
  • Options
    This thread is so old it should go in the museum.
  • Options
    Years ago someone told me that the primary reason that things were priced at odd amounts was to try to ensure that for most transactions change would have to be given. So the transaction would go through the till rather than in the operatives' pockets. (The punter would wait for his change and would expect to see the till being opened rather than just walking away with their purchase.)
    I guess that's less prevalent now what with card charging, etc but must still be an issue in places like catering/bars. Perhaps we'll get those swipe-over card readers?
  • Options
    Round up the price to £5 a pint. Thets well worth saving 30 seconds drinking time?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

This thread is so old it should go back in the pipes with the Fosters!.

• Options
    Why not have a pre paid card that can be used at the kiosks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Excellent this or a NFC facility, perhaps?
  • Options
    2006 ? I was only 26.

Did old cock Irving have some responsibility then?
  • Options

Yep one that can be topped up, season ticket holders to get one automatically with £5/£10 already on it, like they do at many golf clubs.

• Options
    PL54 said:

2006 ? I was only 26.

26?? Blimey you've had a hard life!! ;o)
  • Options
    Wow this thread was back when I actually went enough to give a toss. Lol
  • Options
    PL54 said:

2006 ? I was only 26.

Unfunny and abusive.
  • Options
    What I like about this thread is aside from it being old, relatively obscure, is the fact that the post doesn't really tally up with the title. Unless I missed something (as I joined in 2010 - the post being in 2006), it doesn't actually say why it's directed at Henry Irving, nor does Henry even respond or reply to the thread. It did make me chuckle to read:)
  • Options
    cabbles said:

What I like about this thread is aside from it being old, relatively obscure, is the fact that the post doesn't really tally up with the title. Unless I missed something (as I joined in 2010 - the post being in 2006), it doesn't actually say why it's directed at Henry Irving, nor does Henry even respond or reply to the thread. It did make me chuckle to read:)

Henry used to own the club back then I think...although he hid it well through a network of frontmen and offshore accounts.
  • Options
    I knew it was mostly all his fault...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    he was both Chairman and CEO if you believe simply@seriously_red

:D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was still 'a man of the people' though. I used to see him on the tram with us commoners on the way to the match.