Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just got back, nightmare. Rammed solid couldn't bloody move. Queued up for the helter skelter and the heavens opened just as we got on. Came down the bloody thing like an excocet with the little one. Overshot the mat at the bottom by yards, she loved it, i got a wet arse. Peppa pig was good though!
  • Options
    Enjoyed t when went but ws busy - think I'd get a day off and go midweek if I went back.
  • Options
    taking my posse up there tomorrow early start
  • Options
    Dave mehmet overshot by yards!
  • Options
    And got a wet arse
  • Options
    Went tonight. £2.50 for a small bottle of coke. £8:00 a ride, £6:00 for a burger (pretty good one) £4:00 for a small bag of candy floss. Enjoyed myself though.
  • Options
    Bumped into David Luiz and Oscar today at winter wonderland. Unfortunately they had no interest in coming to Charlton on Loan.

The Jaegermeister slush puppy was extremely nice though, even at £4 a pop.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Bumped into David Luiz and Oscar today at winter wonderland. Unfortunately they had no interest in coming to Charlton on Loan.

The Jaegermeister slush puppy was extremely nice though, even at £4 a pop.

At least they could probably afford it.
    My sister took her kids. Couldn't stay for a long time because of the price of the rides.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    i saw Michael Macintyre there with his family when i went a few weeks back
    £5.50 for a burger in a bun(no cheese) was a bit steep !
  • Options
    It was extremely expensive. I paid for the ice kingdom which was about 7 or 8 quid and I was in and out of it in around 5 mins. Paid £3 for a small cone of 'German' chips too. The Missus is scared of rides so that saved me a lot of money haha. Would never go there with kids
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The mulled mead was nice though...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    So how many years has this shit actually been going then? I can't remember it being on for that long - yet people at work are banging on about it like it's some tradition that's been around since It's A Wonderful Life was showing?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

So how many years has this shit actually been going then? I can't remember it being on for that long - yet people at work are banging on about it like it's some tradition that's been around since It's A Wonderful Life was showing?

Everyone knows it's a massive rip off yet still goes to it?

A lot of uncreative/lazy parents out there.....
  • Options
    I've only heard about it for the last 3-4 years, but I don't get all the fuss with it either. I went with an ex girlfriend about three years back and was bored out of my mind #grinch
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Went there today with my 3 year old , got there around 1.30pm and it was pretty busy, left around 5.30pm and it was getting mobbed.
    £3 average ride price for a small child and £3 for me as well so pretty lumpy
    A mate who went last night said he paid £8 for a ride !!!
    Food is superb and plenty of variety and plenty of drinking establishments (pricey tho)
    Spent a small fortune trying to win a big cuddly toy as we were leaving and out of nowhere my 3 year old managed to lob a softball/ baseball thingy into a milk churn on his 2nd attempt and I'd had 6 goes and hadn't sniffed it to win himself a big cuddly toy , he was soooo pleased , no one could believe it !
  • Options
    Will be giving it a miss after last years experience. Shame as it would be a good day but with a teacher for a wife and little one now at school, we can only go at weekends.
  • Options
    Do they still have the rotating carousel bar there mate? Loved that when I went 2 years ago.
  • Options
    Not sure , wasn't really paying much attention to the bar areas VG but I would think so because it just looks bigger and better each year
  • Options
    Oohaah, my boy turned three last weekend. Is there enough there for him to justify dragging him and a seven month old up there on the tube with pushchair etc. suppose could look myself as work opposite Harrods.
  • Options
    Mr One Lung , there is enough stuff to do but I'd only go during the working week and as long as the mrs is there to help with 7 month old
    Tough call but I left my younger one at home with mrs and older ones were at school , my boy is 3.5 years old and he loved it
    In all honesty it is so pricey we done £100 on rides and food and then prolly wasted £25 throwing crap to try and win a £5 soft toy !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers oohaah.
  • Options
    I will be there again this month. The Bavarian bar is worth a look at.
  • Options
    Wow this place was really expensive, took my 2.5 year old and the wife. Really fun though and my son loved meeting Santa, went a few years ago and it seems like it has trebled in sized, absolutely shattered. Would deffo recommend. Just beware that night time and weekends will be banged out.
  • Options
    what about when you have to pay £3 or £4 to sit in a shitty teacup ride with the kid , unreal
  • Options
    Yep proper piss take. The bloke even said he would have to charge me to stand on the carousel. All I wanted to do was hold my boy on so he didn't fall. Must admit though the whole place is pretty impressive.