Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home advantage ?

Eleven games in the Championship this afternoon, only 1 home win. Never normally see that.

Is it now getting easier approaching a match as an away team ?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    i thought we won 2 at home... leicester and cardiff
  • Options
    He's talking about all the matches played today, not just Charlton.
  • Options
    Teckers. Go back and read it again
  • Options
    And yeah I think you might be right afka. At least it's got me going to some away games to try and get to see a win!!!
  • Options
    As a Charlton fan I feel a lot more at ease with away games than I do with home ones.
  • Options
    oops... my bad :/
  • Options
    This has been a trend for a few years now in all Divisions - a couple of seasons in League 2, for the first time in the top four flights, there were more away than home wins.

Teams are better set up now. 4-5-1 away from home is the norm but, at the same time, teams have more pace to support the lone forward on the counter attack.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Lets hope it continues next sat for the away teams
  • Options
    Seems easier to shut up shop and hit on the counter
  • Options
    I reckon we'll still end up with more home than away points .... Have we ever had a season with more away than home points?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about the year we won the champ? I seem to remember a lot of away wins and home draws that year?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mrbligh said:

What about the year we won the champ? I seem to remember a lot of away wins and home draws that year?

48 pts at home and 43pts away in 1999/2000

Nationwide League Division 1 - 1999/2000
    P W D L F A W D L F A Pts
    1. CHARLTON ATHLETIC 46 15 3 5 37 18 12 7 4 42 27 91
  • Options
    Last season: 51 home points, 50 away.
  • Options
    Done a bit of investigating, and the bottom line is....

I was wrong :-(

More chance of a home win in the Championship (45%) than in Premiership (43%), League One (37%) or League Two (33%).

If fact, an away win in the Championship is least likely out of all four divisions.

At 2.92, there are more goals per game in the Championship than in all other English divisions.
  • Options
    Fella I know had something like more than 94 goals to be scored in all leagues this weekend (can't remember the exact amount of the bet) at 15/1 it came in easily!