Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CP: Southern was unlucky to be sent off

Comments

• Options
    Morrison did not make a meal of and got straight up. But the ref made a bigger mistake by not sending off Clayton for jumping into the crowd after scoring that is a yellow card offence end of. Having already been booked should have seen red.
  • Options
    Dirty northern bastard.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Morrison did not make a meal of and got straight up. But the ref made a bigger mistake by not sending off Clayton for jumping into the crowd after scoring that is a yellow card offence end of. Having already been booked should have seen red.

Did he jump into the crowd?
    I thought he jumped up onto the advertising board and held onto the goal net post.

didn't think it was sending off either
  • Options
    I'd have been gutted if one of ours had seen red for a good old fashioned 50/50.
  • Options
    From where I was sat it looked like he went in two footed. One of those where you can't really complain if he gets sent off but wouldn't complain too much if he didn't.
  • Options
    Saw the replay on the gantry at half time. One footed, on the floor, no studs. Very very unfortunate. Good proper 50/50 challenge from both players.
  • Options
    Couldnt see why he got sent off - looked 50/50 challenge.
  • Options
    Thought the ref was average today, lots of petty fouls given and clear fouls he let go. Didn't think it was a sending off and he bottled it with the goal scorer. The match assessor will be quite harsh on him I think.
  • Options

From where I was sat it looked like he went in two footed. One of those where you can't really complain if he gets sent off but wouldn't complain too much if he didn't.

that's what I thought
  • Options
    Not one of our players even bothered to complain about the tackle and no one around me seemed to think it was anything other than two committed players, honestly going for the ball. Think he got the first booking for them wrong too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dirty northern bastard.

Called Southern! That made me laugh at the time.
  • Options

I was in the North Lower and it looked like a hefty challenge but no malice on either players part, two fully commited players coming together is going to make one heck of a wallop. Morro for his part didn't seem to milk it excessively, I assumed the ref saw something not visible from where I was. Guess not!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

that's what I thought
    Same here. From the NW it looked like he jumped in 2 footed off the floor and it was dangerous and me and those around thought it was a straight red. So goes to show the angle of the view has a big influence. So maybe the Ref justifiably made the wrong decision (I haven't seen any replay yet). Not that the udders fans will allow reality to invade the pathetic unrealistic chips on their shoulders.
  • Options
    I was more or less in line with it in the East stand and it looked a harsh sending off to me. I think it was a booking, he got there second but if you go in studs up, even on the ground, you're asking the referee to make a decision.