Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North-upper security

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
When queuing to get in today I noticed there was loads of extra stewards searching bags and patting people down before they let you in.

Anyone know why?

My assumption was checking for flares, as these seem to be getting more popular, but that's just my wild guess..............

Was this done on all stands or just for the NU?

Comments

• Options
    I sit in North upper and they have had the stewards there before on and off. More often off but they are there for maybe 1 or 2 or 3 games and then they are not there for several games after. It is a strange pattern.
  • Options
    Security turned up in block h, north upper at the end. Did anyone see the big fella get pushed by his mate. He basically rolled 4 or 5 rows over peoples heads down the north upper.

There were a big group of fellas, all bevvied up and the fella that got pushed was quite a big bloke. Must have hurt the people he fell on.
  • Options
    As my bag was being searched I did hear someone mention fireworks. All they found were my sandwiches, thermos and blanket.
  • Options
    raddickle said:

As my bag was being searched I did hear someone mention fireworks. All they found were my sandwiches, thermos and blanket.

This is a thread about the north upper, not the west stand......;-)
  • Options
    raddickle said:

No bovril? No flask!? And you call yourself a charltonlifer? Get out
  • Options
    Oh I have a seat in the North Upper but I always move round to get as near as possible to the West Stand where we meet to discuss sandwich fillings.
  • Options
    Did some one throw a coin or something at the Huddersfield goal keeper from the North stand. Noticed the keeper and Ref pick something from the grass and the ref signal to the fourth official. If so that is unacceptable.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Some knob at the front of the lower was lobbing things at him. He had a steward right in front of him too. Would imagine he'll get a ban should be able to see him on cctv.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Did some one throw a coin or something at the Huddersfield goal keeper from the North stand. Noticed the keeper and Ref pick something from the grass and the ref signal to the fourth official. If so that is unacceptable.

Certainly looked like someone chucked something from behind goal, right side of centre of lower North (as looking at pitch).

• Options
    Looked to me that whatever the ref picked up was white. I thought at first it may have been a tooth of their player who went down like he was punched by Mike Tyson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dunno about security, but they should introduce an IQ test that you have to pass before allowing entry into the ground, with the results depending on which stand you are allowed into.

Thickies in the North, clearly, but you could split it between the really thick in either the Upper/Lower with the morons in the other part.

If you scored below "moron" you would be given a ticket to the New Den.
  • Options
    All I saw was the Hudderfield player handing something to the ref. If it was a coin then surely we can put in a complaint of the referee taking money from a player, which must be seen as a bribe. FACT!!!!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I dunno about security, but they should introduce an IQ test that you have to pass before allowing entry into the ground, with the results depending on which stand you are allowed into.

Thickies in the North, clearly, but you could split it between the really thick in either the Upper/Lower with the morons in the other part.

Based on this Offy, where would you be sat?
  • Options
    SE14 ?
    ;-)
  • Options

Off_it said:

Directors Box, clearly.
  • Options
    Can imagine you'll get several bites to that comment
  • Options
    He'd still be in the pub.
  • Options

msomerton said:

Certainly looked like someone chucked something from behind goal, right side of centre of lower North (as looking at pitch).

Saw that too, think it was from C or D block. Hope they ban them for that! Throwing coins is not the charlton way!
  • Options
    Millwall will have about 10,000 new fans.........
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Directors Box, clearly.
    yes, that's what I thought......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to be sitting in North Upper Block H with my wife for Boro game. Never sat there before and wondered if many other Lifers are in that area?