Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Penalty Saves

Can anyone remember the last time a Charlton keeper made a penalty save? Hamer never gives me the impression hes going to save one,did he make any last season? Oh,and this isnt a thread knocking Hamer ;)

Comments

• Options
    Carlisle last season at home.
  • Options

Carlisle last season at home.

Cheers,missed that game.
  • Options
    Sasa Ilic.
  • Options
    Nicky Johns saved one up at Sheffield Wednesday once - was on MotD.
  • Options
    Deano at Sell-out !!! How can we forget that one?
  • Options
    Bob Bolder saved one from Bryan Robson at Sellout.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Bob Bolder saved one from Bryan Robson at Sellout.

And Vinny Jones.
  • Options
    Bob Bolder also saved one from John Barnes at Anfield.
  • Options
    Remember Carson saving one, smiling, then putting on serious face when he saw the camera was on him. Possibly the only enjoyable part of that season
  • Options
    Now you come to mention it,i do remember one or two............ ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Full members cup, semi final. Not sure that was Hamer though.
  • Options

Remember Carson saving one, smiling, then putting on serious face when he saw the camera was on him. Possibly the only enjoyable part of that season

Against Bolton
  • Options
    Deano vs Nelson Vivas (possibly) against the Arse
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Elliot against Luton, but they scored the rebound!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Bob Bolder also saved one from John Barnes at Anfield.

Got a feeling it was Ian Rush who missed it.
  • Options
    Sam Bartram at Preston.............
  • Options

It was. New years day I think. Seriously hungover, Johansson got the winner in the first half when it was all arsenal
  • Options
    bolder v leicester.upton park
  • Options

Yes brilliant save that one, he also saved one the same season at home to Derby.

• Options
    Graham Tutt at home to Plymouth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carson also saved one from Lampard at Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    Stefan Andersen saved Claude Makelele's penalty the day Chelsea lifted the Premier League trophy in 2005.

Unfortunately Makelele scored the rebound.

Never a pen. Foul was definitely outside the area.
  • Options
    Deano's at Sellout was epic, and justifiably helps cement his place as a cafc legend
  • Options
    2 seasons ago Elliot saved one from Lee Hughes at home to Notts County - we then went on to win 1-0
  • Options
    Elliot saved quite a few in the 10/11 season. Against Notts County , away at Sheff Weds and Luton in the FA cup.
  • Options
    The pont is, shouldn't Ben Hamer do better at stopping penalty kicks? I think he is becoming a good keeper but he didn't look remotely like stopping that one yesterday. I thought the guy telegraphed that it was going to Hamer's right, it wasn't right in the corner and it wasn't hit very hard - some lesser keepers might have got it IMO.
  • Options
    On the flip side of it Jackson has missed 3 this season, hasn't been costly overall in terms of points, but perhaps switch our pen taker to Ricardo Fuller? We want who is supposed to be our main threat of a striker hitting the back of the net.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

The pont is, shouldn't Ben Hamer do better at stopping penalty kicks? I think he is becoming a good keeper but he didn't look remotely like stopping that one yesterday. I thought the guy telegraphed that it was going to Hamer's right, it wasn't right in the corner and it wasn't hit very hard - some lesser keepers might have got it IMO.

Eh? Sorry, but I don't get that. A lesser keeper than Hamer may have guessed right and saved it, and a better keeper than Hamer may have guessed wrong and not got it.

Not sure what that proves to be honest.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Davo55 said:

Eh? Sorry, but I don't get that. A lesser keeper than Hamer may have guessed right and saved it, and a better keeper than Hamer may have guessed wrong and not got it.

I didn't express myself very clearly then. Just saying that I think a keeper of Hamer's quality should do better with pens, and that he should have done better yesterday.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Davo55 said:

A penalty kick is a penalty kick among professional players. You see the likes of Rooney missing them surprisingly often. Petr Cech/Joe Hart don't have a very good record of penalty saves as you would have expected.

We are more likely to conceed pens this season so I'm sure Hamer will get used to them and make at least one save this season from the spot.